Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Aug 13, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Malcolm
Imagineer

If you buy it with 3G and were accidentally to drop it and break it you won't get it replaced in UK or a discount off replacement as use a different wave band, as I dropped mine and had to send it back to US where they gave me a hefty discount off a new one.
Malcolm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 13, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
Don't forget your duty free allowance is £390 and anything over this must be declared and may not make some items any cheaper than buying here in the UK.

Dave
We just binned the box as we didn't need it and just carried it through in hand luggage none the wise then
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 13, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We bought an iPad 3 64g last October it worked out about £70 cheaper it works fine no problems and we bought it from the Apple store at Mall Of Millenia we also bought an iPad 2 for our DD and no problems with that either
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 13, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Forgot to say we also bought an iPad 2 for DS for his 21st birthday at the Apple. Store Mall Of Millenia 2 years ago and it's still going strong
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 13, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 4everdisney X View Post
We just binned the box as we didn't need it and just carried it through in hand luggage none the wise then
Tut tut naughty, I dare say that goes on alot but it is still illegal and customs can still seize it unless you can prove you have paid the relevant revenue on it.Be careful about what you say on public forums, customs officers have been known to read.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 13, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

bear in mind that if you go for a 3g model, IIRC only models built for AT&T will work in the uk.

but wifi ones will be fine. only thing you will need is a US>UK plug adapter (not the whole PSU, just the plug part) - you can pick these up for a few quid off ebay.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 13, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
lindylou2_2002
Imagineer

lindylou2_2002's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I am sure that it would be fine but don't think I would like to buy such a high value item, abroad.
Especially with the red /green channels, at the airport not sure I would be able to pull off Not declaring. Seen too many of the airport programs with the kids
I would guess it wouldn't be worth buying if you have to then pay all the tax. As the exchange rate isn't as great as it use to be.

Sept 2001 Westridge,
Sept 2004 Hampton Lakes,
May 2006 West Stonebridge
Aug 2009 Silver Creek
July30-Aug7 2010 DCL Med Repo Cruise
Aug 2011 DLC Magic Med Cruise
Aug 2012 New York trip + a little DCL Disney MAGIC
August 2013 Villa plus cruise
Oct 2013 Reimagined Magic 5 day cruise
DLP Too many visits to count.
lindylou2_2002 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 13, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

We brought 2 iPad minis from Walmart this year and had no problem whatever, apart from buying them first day so my dd15 wanted to sit in hotel room chatting to her friends all the time lol, we've got lots of extra plugs for apple producs so didn't need to worry about that x
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 13, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
cypress
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 43
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I bought an iPad 2 from Walmart last year and had no problems. I was going to buy an iPad mini this year but with various savings I made buying from Tesco It didn't really make much difference. So I went down the Tesco route and it is now Florida ready
Old 30 Aug 13, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LisaH
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 51
Hi,

Its worth checking out Super Target prices.
We bought from there last year and they was cheaper than Walmart.
Bought for Christmas, no problems at all so far

lisa
LisaH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread