Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
no way would i want to pay £8K on 3 UC seats.

Have you considered economy delight - you get a little extra leg room and can have 4 in the middle on some flights or in pairs by a window.
Thank you... the thought was with points it would be closer to 7k so 2400 pp.

Pricing 2022 seats for economy classic (not even delight) for similar on the Feb half term is coming out as 4K for 4 seats.

Economy delight is 4200 for these dates.

Edited at 07:37 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
8K for 3 seats is absolute madness. Not going to sugar coat it! It's probably too early now to get an idea of 2022 prices but they could waterboard me while playing Peter Andre in a loop in the background and they wouldn't get 8K out of me for 3 UC seats!
How about Peter Andre and Katie Price singing a whole new world?
Old 6 May 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If you can afford to go UC and want to just do it, it's no one else's concern what you do with your hard earned, have you looked at buying PE seats and then using your miles and upgrade vouchers to upgrade to UC, best time to do that would be very near the release dates, you would need to call the FC to do the booking and upgrade.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi, we’ve flown every class w VA & if we could, would always fly UC. We have two very young children now so due to miles / expense it’s more likely to be PE (very fortunate I know but will use companion flights x 2). The only hesitation I have with UC is that it’ll be the first flight my kids will remember (first for my youngest) and I don’t know if I’d rather have them right by me in case they get scared. Depending on the plane depends on how “far” they are. All relative of course but just one of my mummy concerns.

Have you considered one leg UC and only leg another so to have the best of both worlds on the trip and more pocket friendly?

(Ps flying UC without kids is totally the best way forward but I think we are both some years away from that!)
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
For sky cot seats in E and PE you can’t book them, only request them and they are assigned at the last minute. With it being a child heavy route this would less certain.
Officially these are only allocated at the airport on the day of the flight. On a route like MCO there will be multiple requests for them - it's whoever gets to the airport first that gets lucky. Doing online check-in has little bearing on this... unless you have Gold Flying Club status when a call to Flying Club after you've done online check-in can sometimes work.

I've only travelled in Upper Class since 2006 as my girlfriend is Virgin crew so things can happen in the background! Have flown with more than a few babies in Upper Class - some you'd never have known were there, others made a bit of a noise, but that is to be expected.

FWIW I've flown with far more obnoxious adults in Upper Class - getting drunk & loud at the bar even during the "quiet time" of the flight after the main meal service has finished.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

We did exactly what you are planning in may 2019 half term. We got UC out PE in all rewards for 4 peeps.

Issue is always the inbound. I reckon you could maybe get upper out on rewards but pe in isn’t much use if you’re buying cash uc return tix.

Personally speaking, If you want to secure the holiday and are happy with the price then book it. I’d save the 184k miles though. With vouchers that could get you 2 x upper rewards on a future trip which is way better value than the £1k saving

We’ve got 4 x upper return LHR to MIA for this august for approx 310,000 miles plus £2.6k taxes. Will be great if we get to go

Edited at 09:28 PM.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

OK so I have flown UC a few times and never taken the kids in with us. The reason, UC is the entire experience for us, we want to fully immerse ourselves into what we paid for. We want to enjoy the clubhouse, the flight sitting at the bar and generally being able to chill out. I feel I wouldn't be able to utilise all this travelling with babies.
We flew to Barbados with 8 month old twins on Virgin and we paid out for 4 seats in Premium to give us the space and requested the Sky Cots. I would say personally, premium would give you enough room if you can get the front row seats.
Seriously consider whether paying for UC whilst travelling with kids will actually give you the experience you're paying for x
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
OK so I have flown UC a few times and never taken the kids in with us. The reason, UC is the entire experience for us, we want to fully immerse ourselves into what we paid for. We want to enjoy the clubhouse, the flight sitting at the bar and generally being able to chill out. I feel I wouldn't be able to utilise all this travelling with babies.
We flew to Barbados with 8 month old twins on Virgin and we paid out for 4 seats in Premium to give us the space and requested the Sky Cots. I would say personally, premium would give you enough room if you can get the front row seats.
Seriously consider whether paying for UC whilst travelling with kids will actually give you the experience you're paying for x
Thank you...

Yes, I believe it will give us and the kids exactly the experience we would be paying for.

I expect we are all paying for our own families different experience.

Edited at 07:44 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
We did exactly what you are planning in may 2019 half term. We got UC out PE in all rewards for 4 peeps.

Issue is always the inbound. I reckon you could maybe get upper out on rewards but pe in isn’t much use if you’re buying cash uc return tix.

Personally speaking, If you want to secure the holiday and are happy with the price then book it. I’d save the 184k miles though. With vouchers that could get you 2 x upper rewards on a future trip which is way better value than the £1k saving

We’ve got 4 x upper return LHR to MIA for this august for approx 310,000 miles plus £2.6k taxes. Will be great if we get to go
Thank you... would really like to know about your booking experience for the trip in 2019.

Would be happy with UC/PE if worked out with reward seats / points.
Old 7 May 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Thank you... would really like to know about your booking experience for the trip in 2019.

Would be happy with UC/PE if worked out with reward seats / points.
I got up at 5am on the day the MAN-MCO outbound was released and booked those UC as a one-way, asking the agent to make notes that we would be adding the inbound approx 2 weeks later. We were prepared to book PE if that was all that was available.

Then did the same for the inbound 2 weeks later. You can then use seatspy to watch for UC rewards being released on either leg if you still have points available.

We went the day after SATs finished over May half-term and it was a lot easier getting rewards than over summer. Same for accommodation - we managed to get 2 weeks BCV in 1 and 2 bedrooms at 7 months which is rare. All pre-pandemic of course.

The only really busy park times were over memorial weekend.

Edited at 08:12 AM.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List