Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Advice changing BA flights

I have British Airways flights booked for July August.
For work purposes I need to move them one week forward, has anyone managed to do this but keep the car hire element as we only wanted it part of the holiday so could keep that bit. The prices of the flights are broadly the same, but the car price element is much higher now, so if I could keep that part of it would save me quite a bit of money. Wondered if anyone else has done this before I spend hours waiting on the phone!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

If you are keeping the exact car hire dates you currently have booked then you can do this. If you change any tiny detail then they class it as ‘cancel and re-book’ for car hire.
Dazed is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
If you are keeping the exact car hire dates you currently have booked then you can do this. If you change any tiny detail then they class it as ‘cancel and re-book’ for car hire.
Thanks yes we are. I will ring them - anyone got a good number?
Old 11 May 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Thanks yes we are. I will ring them - anyone got a good number?
If you don't want to ring , message them on Twitter they pretty good and replying quickly
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

I have British Airways flights booked for July August.
For work purposes I need to move them one week forward, has anyone managed to do this but keep the car hire element as we only wanted it part of the holiday so could keep that bit. The prices of the flights are broadly the same, but the car price element is much higher now, so if I could keep that part of it would save me quite a bit of money. Wondered if anyone else has done this before I spend hours waiting on the phone!
Can you claify if you have booked flight only and added a car paid in full or was it booked as a package paid with a deposit. The telephone numbers differ depending on what is booked. Also if you have a BA Executive Club card you have contact numbers for flight only.

Edited at 02:47 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Not quite the same but we needed to fly out 3 days later, reducing our car hire by 3 days but keeping our return flight the same. It was no problem when I eventually got through to someone. I couldn’t get through on the phone and Twitter did reply but just that I’d be contacted by someone in the next few days. I found live chat the best method, I just kept retyping ‘I’d like to speak to an agent’ until I got a human.
Good luck, hope you get it sorted
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Can you claify if you have booked flight only and added a car paid in full or was it booked as a package paid with a deposit. The telephone numbers differ depending on what is booked. Also if you have a BA Executive Club card you have contact numbers for flight only.
Hi we have a fly drive booked, but the car element is only for part of it so we could still use it, I just need the dates of the flights bumping forward a little.
Old 11 May 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Hi we have a fly drive booked, but the car element is only for part of it so we could still use it, I just need the dates of the flights bumping forward a little.
As we don't know if you have paid in full for your flights/car or paid a deposit with a balance to pay 3 weeks before travel I suggest trying

0800 727 800 first and if that department can't help you they will confirm what number you need to use or transfer you to the correct department (probably BA Holidays on 0344 493 0787). It is also possible to send a messafe via Twitter as suggested by ziggyzag or use the online chat suggested by petit-pois (link is here - bottom right hand corner).

britishairways/en-gb...st-information

Edited to add- your confirmation email may have a telephone number on it too

Edited at 06:02 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Can you change flight dates on the 'manage my booking' section online? Or does it have to be by telephone?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

And while I'm thinking about it, can you change dates multiple times or just the once?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List