Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 May 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Based on what? Each private renter will have their own terms so it’s impossible to do a general comparison against an agency’s terms.
Purchasing off a private seller gives you very little protection. That's a well known fact. I work in the Insurance industry and I have seen the struggles over the last 12 months of getting refunds from some rental owners (not all!). Paying by credit card (over £100) is the best way usually via a company/tour operator etc.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Thank you all...

What is the likelihood of getting your request? I see it says only need 7 months out for Poly Studios... Is there a reason for this?
Old 4 May 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Thank you all...

What is the likelihood of getting your request? I see it says only need 7 months out for Poly Studios... Is there a reason for this?
In the current climate I’d book at 11 - get your request in before the 11 month window.

Demand for DVC rooms is the highest I’ve ever seen it at the moment.

They can book it at 7 months with any points, but I’d be aiming for 11 from a Poly owner.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Purchasing off a private seller gives you very little protection. That's a well known fact. I work in the Insurance industry and I have seen the struggles over the last 12 months of getting refunds from some rental owners (not all!). Paying by credit card (over £100) is the best way usually via a company/tour operator etc.
We actually received our refunds very promptly from private owners - no issues from any.

As Poohbear says, you can’t generalise as it depends on what agreement you have. For example, with my renters, if my points are this years I’ll happily bank to next and rebook next year as long as I get the notice.

I predict Disney cash prices will be very high as we get back to normal, with no free dining plans possibly, making huge potential savings on renting. Add on mini kitchens even in studios (breakfast in room etc) and no parking fees, DVC rental is very good for the savvy vacationer who wishes to stay in a deluxe property.

If you want no risk, book with Disney at top whack. If you want to pay less, look at David’s, but he may not have the points next year as demand will be very high, and demand was already outstripping supply pre Covid (the one time I rented with David’s back in 2016 my points went in 4 hours). Carefully assess what David’s will do if you cancel. If you want to pay the least, or David’s don’t have the points, go direct to an owner, like any rental there are risks. Risk adverse pay full whack with Disney.

I’d have thought risk would be minimal renting off a well known DVC owner on here. Get educated about use years and points expiry as well so you can have that discussion with the renter.

Edited at 12:45 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

We are also very interested in renting dvc points for next year so I did a Live chat at David’s rental. Meghan, the customer service again was sooooo helpful n have answered all my question. N yes u do have to pay full once the availability is confirmed. They have a policy where if there’s a travel ban in my country or USA they could issue credit to be use in the future.

I’m looking to book June 22. She had advice me to submit a request in late aug. N turn around time could be as little as few days to confirm availability. We are so excited since we know that’s when we want to go and like flights in the usual time where there’s no cancellation, we are happy enough with the no amendment policy.

Cost wise, the room we want would cost us £12400 if book direct. N with DVC is just over $9000. Def big savings.
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
We are also very interested in renting dvc points for next year so I did a Live chat at David’s rental. Meghan, the customer service again was sooooo helpful n have answered all my question. N yes u do have to pay full once the availability is confirmed. They have a policy where if there’s a travel ban in my country or USA they could issue credit to be use in the future.

I’m looking to book June 22. She had advice me to submit a request in late aug. N turn around time could be as little as few days to confirm availability. We are so excited since we know that’s when we want to go and like flights in the usual time where there’s no cancellation, we are happy enough with the no amendment policy.

Cost wise, the room we want would cost us £12400 if book direct. N with DVC is just over $9000. Def big savings.
You should spend $12k on a 100 point contract resale, then it would last you 40 years!
Old 4 May 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You should spend $12k on a 100 point contract resale, then it would last you 40 years!
Thanks Yt Never looked at it like that . Something to think about .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have a look look on dvc rental store.

25% down and remaining balance 75 days prior to travel

You can also add cancellation cover

dvcrentalstore/
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Have a look look on dvc rental store.

25% down and remaining balance 75 days prior to travel

You can also add cancellation cover

dvcrentalstore/
I was just about to recommend them too, I’ve used them previously as their terms for renting were more favourable to David’s in that full payment not required at booking. I’ve no idea how they’ve handled COVID though.
juliebissett72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We got slightly bitten in normal times booking family for one night to join us at AKL (we were all moving to a villa for our second week the day after) and we were then moved by Disney to BWI as the pool was under renovation. Our Family’s David’s DVC booking couldn’t be moved or cancelled as per the booking conditions which we booked under.
It was inconvenient rather than a disaster as it was only one night in different properties but had it been longer would have been a proper pain.
It’s probably the one disadvantage of booking points but one worth considering whilst there is still uncertainty.
We found turnaround very quick , they confirmed late evening our time same day and I woke to a stroppy email the next morning asking where the balance was

Edited at 10:56 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List