Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Oct 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile Would you do DLP after only doing Florida?

Just thinking about booking a trip.

Since I started my new job later in the year I’m going to have a few weeks leave take between Feb-March. I already booked 4 days in Rome and have November 2019 booked (from next years leave)

I was thinking about trying to sneak in a week at Disney but looking at prices it’s about £2000ish for CSR, free QSDP, tickets, and flights - a bit more than I want to spend.

I love being in the Disney bubble and don’t drive so don’t fancy staying off site.

So I was thinking about looking into DLP, but having only done Florida I’m not sure if I’ll like it or how it will compare.

Any thoughts?
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

We've been to DLP after WDW -twice infact! We love it in Paris - it's a different experience but definitely worth the trip. Some rides are much better in Paris (Space Mountain) and there are some that aren't repeated in Florida like Ratatouille and Crushs Coaster.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
We've been to DLP after WDW -twice infact! We love it in Paris - it's a different experience but definitely worth the trip. Some rides are much better in Paris (Space Mountain) and there are some that aren't repeated in Florida like Ratatouille and Crushs Coaster.
Thanks! That’s good to know. How do you find it food/atmosphere/price wise?
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

I love DLP but you need to look at it in a different way to a WDW trip in my opinion. DLP is a short-break destination i.e. 3 or 4 days. You can still enjoy the Disney bubble at DLP.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Food can be expensive but we have the free dining plan in Florida so don't notice the prices - there are menus with prices available online.

The atmosphere is great - the walk down Main street to the castle and the Disney music make it a lovely Disney fix!

I forgot about the castle - the castle is wonderful, I like the fact you can go upstairs and walk all the way through it plus the dragon underneath is a great touch.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Have a read of Toff Princess trip report which includes her thoughts comparing it to WDW https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1081244
You may find the other comments on her thread very interesting as DLP sems bit like Marmite as some love it and some loathe it
I've only been to DLP once over 20 years ago and have never returned. I often price it up but always compare price to WDW and end up not booking as find it quite expensive once you add on flights from Scotland.

Edited at 10:18 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

I did it, I think the above advice about not comparing the two too much is good, is on a lot smaller scale (not to mention we went in October and almost froze to death) you can walk between the two parks, and from 4 of the hotels!
What puts me off going again is that it’s almost as expensive as a week offsite in Florida! (Unless you stay offsite there)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I've just gotten back from my 3rd trip to DLP. Our first was after many trips to Orlando and I wasn't disappointed. It's a very different kettle of fish though despite the similarities.

For me, I love going there to get a Disney fix when I cant get over to the USA but given the choice I would go for Orlando. They have some great rides that differ from WDW and other things like the dragon under the castle!

Price wise, it isn't cheap (particularly at the moment with the exchange rate). For eg a popcorn serving was €6.50! I don't personally rate any of the food in the parks but we stayed club level at HNY this time and the offerings there were very good and kept us going so we didn't actually buy a lot of food this trip.

kellsbells is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I have a bit of a different opinion. I don't really like DLP. Yes there are moments when you still feel the Disney magic and some of the rides are very good. However for me I found the staff to be very rude and seriously lacking in pixie dust, and the whole atmosphere not quite as 'Disney' as Florida. Maybe I expected too much from it but for me I would go somewhere else and miss the Disney experience until I could go back to WDW. However if you are desperate for a Disney fix it could be worth a quick trip.
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Having had over 25 visits to Florida ...DLP just isn’t my cup of tea.
I did feel it’s like Disney but very different. It didn’t seem as friendly.
I can’t really put my finger on what I didn’t care for.
But I’m sure if I hadn’t been to Florida I would have loved it!
Going to California at Easter.
Everybody’s idea of Disney is different, you might find it amazing.
A girl I work with, she prefers DLP to Florida.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List