Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Dec 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladleboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Apologies. I’m sure this has been asked before ...

Evening guys,

Firstly, apologies for posting this. I’m sure it will have been posted about many times before but to be honest I’m not sure how to search for it plus I’ve had a few gins...

Looking to travel to Orlando 13-27th (ish) September 2020. LGW to either MCO or TPA. We haven’t been in quite a few years and historically have used the Gatwick Flyaway train ticket but I understand this no longer exists.

To this end we’re now looking at driving up the day before, staying somewhere overnight on the 12th and flying out, returning the morning of the 28th.

My question is does anyone have any recommendations as to where to stay that will include the car parking? Will need two rooms.

This drunken lazy bloke appreciates your assistance with this.

Shaun.
Ladleboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

We use premier inn north terminal and book parking seperately with Gatwick long stay
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We use Travelodge or Premier Inn and purple parking meet and greet
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another vote for Premier Inn at North Terminal here. Can't comment on parking though as I used the official valet parking last time and they crashed my car! I'm getting the train next time (provided LNER actually issue their weekend timetable in time!)
Old 20 Dec 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Alternatively you could try the Sandman Hotel, parking on site.
Old 20 Dec 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

BLOC is decent too, can't remember what parking we've used previously though for some reason.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We parked in the Gatwick Long Stay car park and booked a room at the Premier Inn North Terminal, was easy enough, and very reasonably priced if you book early enough.
Ours was around £90 for 18 days parking and about £50 for the hotel
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, I see your from Newton Abbot, I live only a couple of mile from you, To be fair the train is not to bad, It is a lot better than that horrible drive back, This year driving back from Gatwick took us over 7 hours with motorway traffic it was awful.

The train is so easy Newton Abbott to Reading, Reading to Gatwick.

We usually stay at Premier Inn North, It is right opposite the terminal.

When we drove this year we used meet and great which was fab.
Old 20 Dec 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We usually stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. They do parking deals on their website, but we book through BA and just get parking separately. You can walk into Gatwick South Terminal from this hotel. We are in South Devon too and although the drive to/from Gatwick is horrendous, we once caught the coach and vowed “never again”. I prefer to go up the evening before, it starts the holiday early.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Hello Newton Abbott from Exeter :-)

Agree with PP it’s train for us. Many places to stay onsite at LGW and the train (we find) is less hideous than driving home can be.