Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 14, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hmm, not sure about this - personally I could never dream of queuing for anything with over 30/40mins and I have been at very busy times when Soarin' has had upwards of 4 hour waits (NYE etc) ... Why would you wait THAT long?

But, it's taking the decision away from the customer and I don't think that's right.

I can see why it would suit Disney though - people in line don't spend money and Disney don't have to wait until well past closing to get all those in line on the ride (they say if you are in line before closing, you WILL ride) and all the associated costs with that.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

So what does this mean for Test Track wait times!?

Most will opt for Soarin' as their Tier 1 FP+ as it's no longer an option for standby, thus everyone chooses to ride Test Track standby, sending the wait times for this through the roof.

Theoretically Disney may then start to switch to this system for both rides. Meaning that if you're a first time visitor with no knowledge of FP+ and you arrive at the park late morning you've little to no chance of riding the headliners. Not good.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Kaspian
Very Serious Dibber

Look guys, it's simple.

People moaned about FP+ so Disney have come up with a test to see if this makes those moaners happy.

If it does, then it will be implemented.

If it doesn't, they'll go back to the drawing board to come up with another idea.

Instead of poo-pooing all their ideas, try thinking that they are WORKING on ideas and trying to fix problems which is a very good thing.

Just like FP+, don't judge an idea until you've tried it! I know a lot of people who whined about FP+ only to love it once they'd given it a go. Myself included!
Old 28 Jul 14, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Kaspian View Post
Look guys, it's simple.

People moaned about FP+ so Disney have come up with a test to see if this makes those moaners happy.

If it does, then it will be implemented.

If it doesn't, they'll go back to the drawing board to come up with another idea.

Instead of poo-pooing all their ideas, try thinking that they are WORKING on ideas and trying to fix problems which is a very good thing.

Just like FP+, don't judge an idea until you've tried it! I know a lot of people who whined about FP+ only to love it once they'd given it a go. Myself included!
I agree with everything you say Kaspian.

It's just that Disney have a nasty habit of fixing things that patently weren't broken (like FastPass) and poorly implementing its replacement (like FP+) only then to find themselves having to over engineer fixes to a problem they themselves had created (like at return queuing for Soarin' and A&E)

With all the money they have at their disposal, as well as creative talent, I would have imagined a more slick process to introduce change.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Have you ever heard of turning up at theme park to be told you can't ride the main attractions. Well you have now.
If disney carry on with these plans then what would be the point of going to the parks unless you plan weeks in advance or turn up at rope drop. Do they not realise people like doing random things and deciding to do things last minute.
Looks to me like disney are squeezing the amount of people that can use the attractions and I would not be surprised if the next phase of this is to bring out a new fastpass which you have to pay for.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney are making it clear the type of guest that they want in their parks...the organised ones who can be virtually guaranteed to turn up when their FP+'s are booked for. This helps with crowd flow and staff planning, which will both make extra revenue and save on running costs for the parks.

The downside? If you are going when Disney is even relatively busy? You can't be spontaneous... you simply won't be able to get on anything. I'm going again in September, but it could well be the last time I visit Disney, unless the time of year means the crowd levels are so low that it isn't really an issue.

Well done Disney...I mean that in both a sarcastic and non sarcastic way, but I fear you are really in danger of alienating a good number of your guests.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I am a planner. ADR's, FP+, and I don't mind it at all that I plan which day I am at each park.

But I do not like this idea. Epcot is a tiered system. On one day I have not chosen Soarin. I am not turning up until lunchtime that day. I don't agree that I cannot choose to queue for the ride if I want to and that it could be closed for the day for standby guests. The old system was better if they are going down this route.
Old 29 Jul 14, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tonilfc
Excited about Disney

Tonilfc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 16
Hopefully it works as the queue for Soarin gets ridiculous. Still getting a fastpass though.
Tonilfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tonilfc View Post
Hopefully it works as the queue for Soarin gets ridiculous. Still getting a fastpass though.
I'm getting a fastpass and hoping to get there at rope drop and be in line before they close it - so get to ride it twice Not much I go on at the parks as wont do any rollers or simulators, so not too much left, lol
Old 29 Jul 14, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List