Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Jun 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
Am I right in thinking that to add myself as the second driver we still have to go to the kiosk at the garage? We are avis preferred but have never our name on the board we are flying into Miami this year so no idea what the hire car area is like, I remember LAX being horrendous
Yes, this can be done at the garage office. But remember if the main driver is your spouse you don't need to be added as the 2nd driver, as you are already allowed to drive without being named on the agreement and they don't need to see you licence. So if you are and name is on the board just go to the indicated bay, load-up and drive out.

Log onto your AVIS preferred account and you should see the BA booking. If you do not have a current credit card registered on the account that might so it. I noticed in TPA this year everyones name seemed to be on the board, but some said see office, I assumed for 1st timers.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
Yes, this can be done at the garage office. But remember if the main driver is your spouse you don't need to be added as the 2nd driver, as you are already allowed to drive without being named on the agreement and they don't need to see you licence. So if you are and name is on the board just go to the indicated bay, load-up and drive out.

Log onto your AVIS preferred account and you should see the BA booking. If you do not have a current credit card registered on the account that might so it. I noticed in TPA this year everyones name seemed to be on the board, but some said see office, I assumed for 1st timers.
Yes it's DH that is the main driver, will check if my card is registered and hopefully we can have a speedy pick up

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
Yes it's DH that is the main driver, will check if my card is registered and hopefully we can have a speedy pick up
He needs to have the AVIS Preferred account as the main driver and his credit card registered for it to work.

You don't need to do anything. They do not need any details on you at all and do not need to see any, although you obviously need you driving licence when actually driving.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
He needs to have the AVIS Preferred account as the main driver and his credit card registered for it to work.

You don't need to do anything. They do not need any details on you at all and do not need to see any, although you obviously need you driving licence when actually driving.
Ah I'm the one with the avis preferred account as I book everything and it's my credit card but he is always the driver as I've never driven over there but like to be down as the additional driver just incase.

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I spoke to BA about this yesterday.
They suggest having a copy of your BA Executive Club card with you when you add on the second driver. A copy of your Club card can be downloaded from the Executive Club website.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Arrived yesterday at Orlando MCO. So, my experience with Avis preferred: Ordered standard SUV so slightly disappointed with Mitsubishi Outlander although big enough for the 4 of us. BA said they had added my Avis Preferred Account number to my booking but the Avis garage at MCO where not aware as they asked me for my Avis preferred number. Found slight damage to bodywork which I have reported so all should be fine. I didn’t opt for a second driver but when I enquired was told my wife was automatically covered to drive the car.
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List