Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Jan 22, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

All looks so good. I’ve shown my husband the fish tacos (he had them 4 times on our trip last month at different places). Have a lovely time.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Those tacos look real good as for the donuts - another place to add to my list !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Panda Express certainly seems to be polarising.
I used to love it but it’s certainly gone down hill.
I prefer the other Chinese franchises you get in the malls now, they just seem better quality.
Enjoying your food report, I do love a fish taco.
Also looking forward to seeing the lowes Hollywood as we were booked here for last year and we all know how that went!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Those fish tacos look yummy
And I need to try Voodoo as everyone raves about them
They’ll make a nice change from Dunkin
🍩🍩

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Fish tacos yum yum

Nev’s meal was huge!
Old 13 Jan 22, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I'm not a fan of Panda Express after a poor experience a few years ago, we prefer Pei Wei. The grilled cheese and the nachos looked good though, and thanks for trying the blue drink so we don't have to

Both dishes at Margaritaville look good too, I would deffo go with Nev's beer over your slush though
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
All looks so good. I’ve shown my husband the fish tacos (he had them 4 times on our trip last month at different places). Have a lovely time.
I am very fond of a fish taco, it was nice to have a taco that wasn’t smothered in guacamole.

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Those tacos look real good as for the donuts - another place to add to my list !
We finished off the donuts this morning as we are packing up to change hotel. They all went down well. It is a interesting shop, you can buy a novelty coffin full of mixed donuts for $140.

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
I used to love it but it’s certainly gone down hill.
I prefer the other Chinese franchises you get in the malls now, they just seem better quality.
Enjoying your food report, I do love a fish taco.
Also looking forward to seeing the lowes Hollywood as we were booked here for last year and we all know how that went!
We have just checked into the Loews, room not ready yet so we are about to head out for lunch and a wander. So far so good though.

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Those fish tacos look yummy
And I need to try Voodoo as everyone raves about them
They’ll make a nice change from Dunkin
🍩🍩
I think they are a bit more individual and unusual than Dunkin.

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Fish tacos yum yum

Nev’s meal was huge!
It was, he didn’t eat again yesterday.

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I'm not a fan of Panda Express after a poor experience a few years ago, we prefer Pei Wei. The grilled cheese and the nachos looked good though, and thanks for trying the blue drink so we don't have to

Both dishes at Margaritaville look good too, I would deffo go with Nev's beer over your slush though
We have only been to Panda Express once before, that was in Orlando and we didn’t really like it. We had to try it here as the options were so limited, thankfully it was a better experience than previously for us.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Day6: California Pizza Kitchen

We changed hotel to the Loews this morning and not long after we checked in we headed to the close by California Pizza Kitchen for lunch. The restaurant will not allow anybody inside without proof of vaccination / test and the first thing they did was check our ID and NHS vaccination records. We were then taken to our table and left to review the menu.

We decided to go for the lunch only deal which is either a 7 inch pizza or a sandwich served with either a soup or side salad, we both went for salad and pizza. I picked the wild mushroom pizza and something called a Tiger salad which was spinach and coriander leaves, red cabbage, apple, farro and chopped peanuts. Nev had the classic barbecue chicken pizza with a Baha crunch salad which was a Mexican style salad with beans, sweet corn and tortilla strips. Nev ordered a Samuel Adams beer to wash his food down and I had a mango strawberry cooler. We were provided with complimentary bread and olive oil for the table.

The drinks turned up first and I was quite surprised by the lack of colour in my mango and strawberry cooler, it was too sweet for me as well, not something I would get again.

Salads were out next, a good ten minutes before the pizza, I had assumed it would all come out together but it was not a problem. Two great and very different salads, Nev said that his only grumble was that it was just leaves after he got through the top layer, I didn’t find that with mine, I thought it was well mixed throughout. We both liked our respective pizzas too, although we liked each other’s a bit less, Nev said mine was like garlic bread with mushrooms on and I thought the barbecue sauce overpowered his. But as I say, we each enjoyed our own pizza.

Overall a successful lunch and we thought the small lunchtime pizzas were a great idea. Excellent value a at $38 pre tip.

Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Enjoying reading your updates! Can I just ask about ID? Are you having to take your passport everywhere? Or do they accept driving license?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

All caught up! The pizza sounds great, as does your fish tacos. Hope the next hotel is better suited for you to find more places to eat xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List