Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Sep 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
We decided that it was Padstow for us, have booked a caravan all mod cons including central heating throughout for £325 for a week, not too bad. Can't wait
That’s an idea too, we could book a static van which would save us having to tow and would have more facilities. As soon as Tui cancels, I could look into a caravan booking 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We had been hovering and havering as to whether to book a static when the electrics went to the fridge last time and DH has been all over it with a meter but was flummoxed and the mobile repairman can't come until the middle of October, so that decided us.
Have added Hobourne to the list of booking sites, we stayed just outside Minehead with them, an ideal places for touring that area.
Old 9 Sep 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mental4ever View Post
Great price.
Hope you have a wonderful time and the weather gods smile on you. ☀️ ☀️ ☀️
Thankyou, we have just been to the Sussex coast today and it was scorching, hope it stays like that.
Old 14 Sep 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to update as Tui cancelled our October Majorca holiday last week. I was really sad as it was our last chance at a trip with guaranteed sunshine this year. We could have changed it to somewhere without quarantine restrictions but as we’d already changed it from Mexico we decided it just wasn’t right for us

I looked into options for an UK break but wanted something that could be cancelled and refunded if we needed to and caravan parks didn’t offer that so instead we booked an Airbnb which can be cancelled up to 24 hrs before we go. We are heading to Barnstaple to explore the North Devon Coast, it’s not what we expected this year but I’m hoping it will be a nice break and as enjoyable as our recent Pembrokeshire trip 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

That's a shame we paid £10 insurance to the park we are going to for all types of cancellations. You will love The Barnstable area there is so much to see.
Old 15 Sep 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
That's a shame we paid £10 insurance to the park we are going to for all types of cancellations. You will love The Barnstable area there is so much to see.
I don’t know if it was because the booking was quite late or maybe I just couldn’t find the right link to cancellations. Most caravan parks were fully booked for our week too or had limited availability (as in only their very large top of the range caravans left, which were expensive)

I’m happy with the Airbnb though as it looks very comfortable and in a good location for seeing the area. We’ve been to the area before with our own van but it must be around 15 years since we were last there so it will be nice to revisit.
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Just to update as Tui cancelled our October Majorca holiday last week. I was really sad as it was our last chance at a trip with guaranteed sunshine this year. We could have changed it to somewhere without quarantine restrictions but as we’d already changed it from Mexico we decided it just wasn’t right for us

I looked into options for an UK break but wanted something that could be cancelled and refunded if we needed to and caravan parks didn’t offer that so instead we booked an Airbnb which can be cancelled up to 24 hrs before we go. We are heading to Barnstaple to explore the North Devon Coast, it’s not what we expected this year but I’m hoping it will be a nice break and as enjoyable as our recent Pembrokeshire trip 😀
As each cancellation comes, or a plan falls through due to new restrictions etc I can feel myself getting more fed up. I'm not a 'whinger' but I feel like one at the moment. We're going to Arran for 6 days on Friday (which will be lovely, whatever the weather etc), partly to visit DS and partly just for a nice spa hotel break - and even that has to be planned, we've just had an email to book breakfast at the same time each morning, and any dinners, even a quick dip in the (not spa) pool need prebooking!
Moan over, as you were!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
As each cancellation comes, or a plan falls through due to new restrictions etc I can feel myself getting more fed up. I'm not a 'whinger' but I feel like one at the moment. We're going to Arran for 6 days on Friday (which will be lovely, whatever the weather etc), partly to visit DS and partly just for a nice spa hotel break - and even that has to be planned, we've just had an email to book breakfast at the same time each morning, and any dinners, even a quick dip in the (not spa) pool need prebooking!
Moan over, as you were!
Hi Mrs BC! First, your trip sounds lovely, dont be too put off by the email, we had the same when we went to the New Forest in August, and I felt like you and initially wanted to cancel, I felt overwhelmed by all the ‘rules’ but, when we went, we found having everything booked actually worked really well, we had an hour a day in the pool to ourselves, the same lovely table at breakfast each day etc. No bun fighting! We also recognised we really needed the break, so please go, and enjoy yourselves x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Moan over, as you were!
I know what you mean, we want things to go back to normal especially on our little breaks away but obviously they can’t be completely normal.

I’m looking forward to Devon but I’m wondering about eating out and will we have to book places in advance, or can we just get into a cafe/restaurant as we go out each day. I’ve also looked at places to visit in the area, but tickets have to be bought in advance and who knows what the weather will be like in October 🤷 I do try to keep this thread positive, but I guess we can all have a little moan sometimes 😀

I’m sure you will have a lovely break in Arran, a spa hotel sounds a great treat and seeing your DS will be wonderful. I’m sure we will enjoy Devon too, it will be nice to have a couples break for us as we have had Georgia home such a long time this summer. I guess we just have to accept that we have to cope with the restrictions and guidelines and make the most of it.
Old 15 Sep 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Hi Mrs BC! First, your trip sounds lovely, dont be too put off by the email, we had the same when we went to the New Forest in August, and I felt like you and initially wanted to cancel, I felt overwhelmed by all the ‘rules’ but, when we went, we found having everything booked actually worked really well, we had an hour a day in the pool to ourselves, the same lovely table at breakfast each day etc. No bun fighting! We also recognised we really needed the break, so please go, and enjoy yourselves x
That’s so lovely and positive, thanks Louise 😀 I guess the advantages of having to keep distances does mean more space to yourselves without the crowds. A pool to yourself sounds a lovely way to start the day 💕