Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 May 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Sun Cream

I’m attempting the Edinburgh half marathon in 3 weeks time. My running top is a vest top thing and then I will also be wearing my hydration vest on top - so that will be what touches most of the skin around my neck and shoulders. I’ll likely want to put sun cream on, even if it’s overcast, plus I may need sun cream on some training runs beforehand.

I’ve only just got the hydration vest and it’s a mint green colour. I’m really worried about getting sun cream stains on it - I got P20 on one of my favourite tshirts in Florida and it never washed out

Can someone suggest a sun cream which doesn’t stain? There are so many different types, I wanted something tried and tested!
Old 5 May 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Aldis own brand Ives spilt it on a white linen shirt before and it was on there all day washed out in a cool wash a couple of days later
It was the factor 50 cream
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Aldis own brand Ives spilt it on a white linen shirt before and it was on there all day washed out in a cool wash a couple of days later
It was the factor 50 cream
Unfortunately we don’t have an Aldi
Old 5 May 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I believe they may be looking at expanding to your neck of the woods in the near future Kate
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If I don’t have any Coppertone SPF left from the States I swear by Piz Buin. P20 stained loads of my clothes a few years back

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Piz Buin completely ruined many of my white cotton tops. I spent hours trying to get the stains out.It was awful. I used their hypoallergenic sun cream.
Never again.
Last year I went online to QVC channel and got a special offer on ultra sun cream. It proved to be worth every penny(cent). Since my piz buin incident, i researched suncream stains and learned they are to be treated like grease or rust spots. I soaked tops in fairy sensitive then applied fairy platinum ultra dishwasher liquid with a toothbrush to the affected areas.After which i washed in fairy sensitive.
eventually some of my tops were saved.
vanish didnt work.
the stains only show when you put them in water.
rust spot remover works too (i havent tried it) so i am told

hope this helps.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 10:42 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I believe QVC have a TSV one day offer tomorrow (Monday) on Ultrasun
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Grump$
Excited about Disney

Don't know the answer regarding sun cream but if that easterly wind is blowing you'll need deep heat rather than sun cream, a good proportion of the race is on the coast.
Grump$ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My son uses ultrasun factor 50 sports spray which is clear and I haven’t noticed any staining.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Thanks for the advice everyone, I’ve ordered the Ultrasun Sport spray. From Edinburgh I go onto Kenya for a safari, so will be ideal for that as well.