Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Oct 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

This year we stayed in AKL. Even though we left tips the Housekeeping was practically non existent. Floors not swept, dirty cups left etc. They changed towels and made beds and thats about it. With that in mind i was all up for opting out next year as we are staying at a moderate but after looking at forums and seeing pictures of house keeping at CSR we may not opt out. Ive seen lots of images of cute little notes left, towel art and other pixie dust that quiet frankly is what i expected from a delux like AKL but never got. In fact we used to get better service from the motels we used to stay in on i-drive.

Edited at 09:09 AM. Reason: Typo
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
I want to book a room that has always had mousekeeping... wonder if that will become an option.

The thought of being in a room that has not been cleaned each day, gradually getting grubbier and grubbier, those crumbs being trodden into the carpet etc etc and then the room getting its usual quick clean between guests actually puts me off staying at Disney.

I can understand doing it for short stay guests - a day or so will make no difference - but for people staying 2 weeks... ewww.
But who when staying in a Villa hoovers and dusts every day?

I push it around maybe twice in a week and that's it. I will say though it's only 2 of us and we are out for at least 9+ hours, then in bed for 8 hours so not much 'down time'

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
But who when staying in a Villa hoovers and dusts every day?

I push it around maybe twice in a week and that's it. I will say though it's only 2 of us and we are out for at least 9+ hours, then in bed for 8 hours so not much 'down time'

I would clean the kitchen area otherwise you would get ants pretty quick, dinning area and pool area. Make the beds... Probably would hover the whole place until leaving though.

Bigger floor area though or as needed... If we didn’t have house keeping in our small hotel room for 14 days it would be a right mess lol... We have two young kids :P
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I would clean the kitchen area otherwise you would get ants pretty quick, dinning area and pool area. Make the beds... Probably would hover the whole place until leaving though.

Bigger floor area though or as needed... If we didn’t have house keeping in our small hotel room for 14 days it would be a right mess lol... We have two young kids :P
Yes I agree ref the kitchen area and although we don't eat in much I am paranoid about worktops and the floor. As you say we don't want any critters coming in.

Maybe DVC isn't for you with a full clean every 8th day and trash emptied every 4th day!

We noticed a huge difference having our 8yr old Granddaughter with us last trip. I spent ages clearing/cleaning up!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Why on earth you would want to go all that way to Disney World with all that cost and scrimp on house keeping is beyond my fragile little mind

Do you want to be spending time having fun or making the bed
Completely agree. Do enough of that at home. It's called a holiday - enjoy the comfort. X
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Only two of us too. We don't eat much in the room except a couple of biscuits with the tea, so opt out. Wipe the kitchen area with a wet wipe, wipe the bath out with same after use and put a refillable mug of coke down the loo occasionally. I always strip and remake the bed can't stand the tight way they make them. It only takes a couple of minutes a day. The card paid for the refillable mug and breakfast/evening meal for a week.
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Always a divided topic.

For us - we put the do not disturb sign on the hotel door wherever we are staying. We make the bed and keep everything tidy, I don't need anyone coming in and I dislike the thought of them going through our stuff.

So at Disney to get $10 a night for something we would already be opting out of was a huge bonus. We spent the money in World of Disney

My OH was saying it was a shame that all hotels didn't offer the same deal - we would save a fortune!

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Should be noted that a lot (if not all) hotels have a limit on how long you can leave up the do not disturb sign - usually around 72 hours. It’s never “your room” and the hotel will have obligations under their insurance, general health safety and a need to check nothing unlawful is going in the room. This is no doubt why when people opt out they do still at least get a visit or two from house keeping.

Edited at 09:24 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Whatever hotel I am staying I never have housekeeping as they fold up all the towels so you dont know if the used one is up there or if they are all new - I dont need a fresh towel every day. I dont have one at home.

Sheets, dont need it more often than when I am at home either and I hate my feet pinned down so always pull the sheet out.

I rinse the basin out, like at home, and the sink and wipe up mess as I go along. If you hover every day or so at home then you may want to do so on holiday but as my cats are the messy ones i get a break.
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I looked up information about Disney...

Guests of some Walt Disney World hotels no longer have the option of hanging a “do not disturb” sign on their doors, part of a policy change that requires a hotel employee to enter every room at least once every 24 hours, Disney said on Wednesday. Guests will instead get a “room occupied” sign.

“The hotel and its staff reserve the right to enter your room for any purposes including, but not limited to, performing maintenance and repairs or checking on the safety and security of guests and property,” according to Disney’s updated guest information pack

nytimes/2018/01/04/t...t-disturb.html

Even if you are opting out of house keeping - staff are probably still coming in the room.

Edited at 09:30 AM.