Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 May 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
brwhy
Serious Dibber

Hollywood Studios. Is it now a half Day?

Doing our plan and wondered people current thoughts on Hollywood studios. Is it now just a half day, with the amount of attractions no longer open?

Edited at 03:08 PM.
brwhy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

By the time you go Toy Story Land will be open, so if you're interested in that I think it will be more than a half day.

Personally I have 2 days plus two evenings (one for Fantasmic and one for Star Wars) planned for there, but we don't want to be rushing about too much.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
brwhy
Serious Dibber

The Toy Story Ride is out fav, but if Paris is anything to go by Toy Story Land wont be of interest too our boys much.
brwhy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

It wasn't much more than half a day when we were there last (October/November) but I am hoping it will be with Toy Story land.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

If you don’t want to do shows or Toy Story rides, then you can cover it all pretty quickly. We do full days but we love the shows, and each of those takes a fair chunk of time. But the two evening options overlap so you’d need two nights if you want to see Fantasmic and fireworks.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I don't think Hollywood Studios is a one day park never mind a half day park and we don't even do the thrilled rides!

Yes, there's very few rides at the Studios these days but there's plenty of other things to fill your day with.

It's very difficult to co-ordinate your day to fit in all the shows - there's Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen Sing-a-long, The Little Mermaid and the Star Wars stage show. Also Disney Junior if you have little ones. Plus Muppetvision!

Lots of characters to meet, plus One Man's Dream and Star Wars Launch Bay to browse.

If you are into Star Wars there's an abundance of things to see/do, we love watching Jedi Training even though we don't have kids of our own.

Then to top if all of there is two offerings of evening entertainment with Fantasmic! and Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. And great dining options.

Don't write HS off Plan at least two days and if you're not feeling it after the first one you can shake things up.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We think it’s at least a 2 day park and that’s without tsl . But we like Star Wars and the shows are some of the best in Disney . And Olaf and groot are there so what more could you ask for
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
brwhy
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We think it’s at least a 2 day park and that’s without tsl . But we like Star Wars and the shows are some of the best in Disney . And Olaf and groot are there so what more could you ask for

Oh where does Groot hangout?

Edited at 09:05 PM.
Old 16 May 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I love Olaf but have never heard of Groot!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Our children will be 15, 12 & 5 this time so it will certainly be a full day. My youngest still loves the Disney junior stuff and will love the new Toy story land. My older two love Aerosmith and TOT. I love Star Wars & the beauty and the beast show. So we do everything.
I am gutted the sweet shop is closing though 😡
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List