Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 21 Oct 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018 Day 11 Au Revoir Montreal! Road trip back 'home'

Toddler Trials sponsored by Timmies - Canada 2018
Day 11 Au Revoir Montreal. Road trip back to Hamilton

I’m Emily, my husband is Gary and this was our first overseas holiday with our 17 month Libby. We visited family near Toronto and spent a few days in Montreal too.

Today isn’t very exciting all, sorry!

It was time to head back to Ontario, our few days in beautiful Montreal were over.

We left the city at 8:30, at the height of rush hour! There was loads of cyclists about. We also saw quite a few groups of school girls in ridiculously short skirts. I mean, I’m from Glasgow and as guilty of short skirts back in the day but these left nothing to the imagination and were completely pointless. It was really bizarre but I didn't want to be a total creep and take a photo. We were a bit shocked though!

Cyclists
Traffic...

Leaving at rush hour meant lots of traffic. We were entering a big tunnel and the traffic was going down to one lane, it was a nightmare of a bottleneck. All of a sudden though the lane lights went green and we were off .

We stopped to grab a Timmies at 10am.

At one point I went to give Libby a drink but had overfilled her juice cup so when I flicked the straw up it soaked Gary. He wasn’t amused but I thought it was hilarious . Bit of a had to be there moment but it was in my notes since I laughed about it for a good half an hour!

Libby was getting quite grumpy with the boring drive. We stopped at Mallorytown for lunch. The service station was quite busy but we managed to get lunch without waiting too long at A&W. It was $30.

She was eyeing up other kids and wanting to play

We set off again but had to pull off shortly after, Libby was really grumping and had chucked her dummy to an unreachable place so I had to get out and retrieve it.

Back on the road, she eventually fell asleep just after 1 and slept for an hour. I might have also had a little nap!

We stopped at Pickering because we could smell the familiar hint of a no.2. The nearest place happened to be a Walmart so in we went. $75 later we were back on the road and heading through Toronto at rush hour.

We got a ball in Walmart which helped occupy Libby for all of 10 minutes

We weren’t having the best luck with traffic today! It was now 4pm and the height on Friday rush hour.

Want out Mama!
Coming into Toronto

We decided we weren’t going to make it home before dinner without a major meltdown (from any of us!) so stopped at Oakville for dinner. There was a retail park and Boston Pizza looked like the best option so in we went.

It was just before 6 and we were seated straight away but then had to wait quite a while for our food. Libby was being quite loud and getting fed up so we stuck Toy Story on Gary’s phone which distracted her a bit.

Crazy hair after a long day travelling!

Gary had a steak and wings combo and I had flatbread pizza. It was all really yummy and the waitress was quite apologetic for the delay, she could sense Libby was cranky.

We set off again at 6.40 and eventually got home about 7.45.

Libby went to bed after being reunited with Maggie! What a long day, it seemed to take forever to get back with traffic and having to stop for Libby . We had really enjoyed our trip to Montreal though and can't wait to explore more of Canada in the future.

Thanks for reading xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 05:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Shame your mini break to Montreal had to come to an end. That was a long drive back, I'm not surprised you'd all had enough by the end of it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Libby did well on the long journey! I have grown to love Montreal! It really is a great city!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a long day of travelling, you all coped very well considering!

I love that a nappy change in Walmart ending up you being $75 lighter!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Shame your mini break to Montreal had to come to an end. That was a long drive back, I'm not surprised you'd all had enough by the end of it.
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Libby did well on the long journey! I have grown to love Montreal! It really is a great city!
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
What a long day of travelling, you all coped very well considering!

I love that a nappy change in Walmart ending up you being $75 lighter!
Thanks for reading and commenting, somehow I'd missed these . Can't believe I've left this so long again, DETERMINED to get finished! xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
long journey for you all
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List