Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Cancelling flight

1 of our party is no longer coming, flight is paid for with virgin, do we have to cancel or if we don't cancel can we use the spare seat to spread out, been told by booking agent that all our return flights will be cancelled as all on 1 booking, is this right
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
1 of our party is no longer coming, flight is paid for with virgin, do we have to cancel or if we don't cancel can we use the spare seat to spread out, been told by booking agent that all our return flights will be cancelled as all on 1 booking, is this right
You do not have to cancel, but you do not retain the right to use the seat.

Only checked in passengers get a seat. They may have someone on the reserve for the flight who would get it.

Don't know about individual agent's rules on cancellation - it should be in their T+Cs.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
You do not have to cancel, but you do not retain the right to use the seat.

Only checked in passengers get a seat. They may have someone on the reserve for the flight who would get it.

Don't know about individual agent's rules on cancellation - it should be in their T+Cs.
oh ok i get that but what about if i bought 2 seats like sometimes large people do, how does that work, could i change the spare seat to my name, just trying to not waste the money that has been paid for that seat if we can make use of it
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Give Virgin a ring and ask them.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

oh ok i get that but what about if i bought 2 seats like sometimes large people do, how does that work, could i change the spare seat to my name, just trying to not waste the money that has been paid for that seat if we can make use of it
To get the max possibility of using the seat, check the person in online at the same time you check everyone else in.

The individual seat for the return will be cancelled off the booking, though you need to ensure you read the full terms and conditions of the booking to be sure as different airline vary.

If you do cancel, you also have the option to get the tax refunded.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
To get the max possibility of using the seat, check the person in online at the same time you check everyone else in.

The individual seat for the return will be cancelled off the booking, though you need to ensure you read the full terms and conditions of the booking to be sure as different airline vary.

If you do cancel, you also have the option to get the tax refunded.
yeah aware of tax refund but son cancelled flight to australia last month and rang `TA for tax refund, they are sorting it but been a right pain for what they going to get
Old 19 Feb 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have heard about large people booking two seats and not getting two together. You could not make it up.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I have heard about large people booking two seats and not getting two together. You could not make it up.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

With virgin you can't make name changes they don't allow it - so that won't work.

Basically when your extra person doesn't turn up at the gate they will stick a waitlisted member of staff in your spare seat (unless the flight is quite empty)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List