Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 Jan 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
AK is concierge worth it

Is concierge worth the extra points and what benefits do you get, we normally like a SV but I understand that you might not get that, is this correct?

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mermaids1960 View Post

Is concierge worth the extra points and what benefits do you get, we normally like a SV but I understand that you might not get that, is this correct?
I’ve not yet stayed in a concierge room, but if view is your priority then it’s not a good choice, as you are not guaranteed a good one - it’s more about the concierge lounge, snacks etc than the room as I understand it.

ETA - just did a quick search and apparently 3 out of the 5 lock off rooms have a savannah view room (although apparently it’s a mediocre view) and the other two lock offs have a pool view (although they are over the top of a roof, so not ideal either). The opinion seems to be, that they gave the bad club view rooms to DVC as cash renters would complain! So definitely don’t book if you are wanting a great view I would say!

Edited at 10:33 AM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I’ve stayed there a few times and for us it’s worth it, we enjoy relaxing in the lounge and being able to get breakfast, snacks and drinks during the day and the lounge itself is a great space to chill.

As Amy said, don’t book it if a view is important to you. We’ve had the Savannah view and it’s not a great one, however there are so many nice viewing areas around the lodge that it didn’t bother us.

One thing I will say is that, value and concierge are the hardest rooms to get and are often completely locked out even at 11 months, you might get very lucky and one would be available when you wanted it but you have to be ready to book bang on 11 months. If a room was available it would be gone immediately.

You’ll have no problems booking standard or Savannah view at 11 months

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Silly question but what sort of refreshments do you get and does it have a bar serving alcohol

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Silly question but what sort of refreshments do you get and does it have a bar serving alcohol
There is a time of day where certain alcoholic drinks (wine, beer, a few spirits I believe) are put out.

Google is your friend here - when I was looking into whether concierge was worth it to us (we’ve yet to try it), there were lots of reports with photos of the snack/drink offerings that come out at various times of the day.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Look on YouTube, loads of videos of it.
Old 21 Jan 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Thank you I’ve looked on YouTube and although the food drink offerings look nice I wouldn’t make use of the Disney planning, so as View is important to me I think I will stick with SV I could sell the extra points and that amount more than covers snacks 😀

Owner at Animal Kingdom
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you I’ve looked on YouTube and although the food drink offerings look nice I wouldn’t make use of the Disney planning, so as View is important to me I think I will stick with SV I could sell the extra points and that amount more than covers snacks 😀
I think from what you have said that that is a good decision! 👍
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes definitely the view is not great and there is a smell of food which rises from below at Bomas however the offerings and drinks are excellent. The CMs however need to be sprinkled with pixie dust.
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you'll come out financially better off as well. Especially if you are not a big drinker.