Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 2020holibubbles View Post
Surely there’s something in the package travel and regulations act which would trigger a refund for those people who’ve booked holiday packages, even if they’re not cancelling the flight, given that Biden won’t let tourists in. That’ll be the line I’ll be planning on taking, or something similar, to get my cash back, if it comes to it.
I would like to think you are right, but we weren't going to get into a battle with BA and possibly loose our deposit.

Granted it was 'only' £350 but its the principle, why leave us hanging to the last minute, potentially forcing us to pay our full balance, then end up cancelling and having to refund... which would of course take 10-14 working days

I'm annoyed that due to awful customer service (for whatever reason) we are now tied to BA for our next flight to wherever and they are sat on our £350, which you can guarantee will be worth far less when we come to rebook!

Edited at 03:50 PM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
I would like to think you are right, but we weren't going to get into a battle with BA and possibly loose our deposit.

Granted it was 'only' £350 but its the principle, why leave us hanging to the last minute, potentially forcing us to pay our full balance, then end up cancelling and having to refund... which would of course take 10-14 working days

I'm annoyed that due to awful customer service (for whatever reason) we are now tied to BA for our next flight to wherever and they are sat on our £350, which you can guarantee will be worth far less when we come to rebook!
Did you see YorkshireT's post 1217 where they kindly reported that you could get a refund if the day the balance is due and a country border is closed. Most people who had BA Holidays refunded seem to have got them in a few days not 2 weeks. Of course, there is always an exception.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Fingers crossed for cancellations tonight or tomorrow.

BA have been great up to now, it would be a shame if that changed.
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Did you see YorkshireT's post 1217 where they kindly reported that you could get a refund if the day the balance is due and a country border is closed. Most people who had BA Holidays refunded seem to have got them in a few days not 2 weeks. Of course, there is always an exception.
I did but that’s assuming you could actually get through to speak to a BA person. After many many attempts the patience was wearing very thin day after day.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Maybe they are waiting for the announcement from government about changes to the travel restrictions in the hope you may switch your holiday rather than cancel?

I know the USA is outside of our control but if more countries go green and no PCR for double jabbed, it might mean more chance for BA to sell a new holiday.

It was due today but has been delayed until tomorrow.

Just a thought.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZLocal
Excited about Disney

Just need to sit tight I suggest, try not to stress. Rules change within 14 days of your flight for cancellations so if BA are to cancel, it is in their interest to do before this point.

If you want to move your flight to next year, there's little point in phoning BA until such time as flights are cancelled, they will offer voucher as you are choosing to cancel, not them. You csn take a voucher days before your flight so hold off.
ABZLocal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

What is everyone doing about paying the balance? We are booked for 16th and keep getting emails saying balance is due.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
What is everyone doing about paying the balance? We are booked for 16th and keep getting emails saying balance is due.
Same here, we fly 16th but balance not due until 21 days before which is 25th. Hopefully BA will have cancelled by then as I want to move to next year. I got a great price this year and flights are about double next year, so really hoping I can amend to next year.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

I have just cancelled my BA flight with a heavy heart.

My balance was due tomorrow for 11th December (booked through netflights). I wasn't willing for BA to be sat on that money... I have booked Disneyland Paris instead for Christmas.

Swapping uncertainty for certainty hopefully.

I was really looking forward to our December trip for Animal Kingdom Lodge but... we will do it another time. Mood music for borders opening just isn't there at the moment.
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
I have just cancelled my BA flight with a heavy heart.

My balance was due tomorrow for 11th December (booked through netflights). I wasn't willing for BA to be sat on that money... I have booked Disneyland Paris instead for Christmas.

Swapping uncertainty for certainty hopefully.

I was really looking forward to our December trip for Animal Kingdom Lodge but... we will do it another time. Mood music for borders opening just isn't there at the moment.
I read today that its not likely to open until the mid term elections in 22? At least you can move on with your plans now.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread