Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 May 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Tell me about Universal - particularly at night - please?

Hello!

Heading off to Orlando in September for the first time. Have never been to Universal so assume zero prior knowledge!

Staying off-site as had already booked hotels before I discovered the Universal hotels 1 night FOLP trick.

Got 14 day passes because (ridiculously) it was cheaper than a 2 day pass. Have put 2 days in the plan for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Would like to get the Hogwarts Express between to two, and I *think* our ticket allows that. Thinking about buying FOLP OOP too to make sure we can do everything in the 2 days. Good idea?

Now, I didn't think there was any evening entertainment at Universal - not like Rivers of Light, Happily Ever After, Illuminations etc at Disney.
BUT, I saw on a trip report someone mentioned Mardi Gras at Universal, and also a light show on the lake there?

Please could anyone share any info they have on this - is it every night? Is it possible to see both in one night, or should we do one on one day and the other the next?
Also, I'm guessing CityWalk is just like Disney Springs? Restaurants etc?

I have had a quick look on the Universal website, but i'm not finding it very intuitive to navigate and would love personal recommendations, opinions and tips please!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report

Edited at 12:08 PM.
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mardi Gras runs Feb - March on Tuesday nights I believe, it's not all year round.

The Cinematic Spectacular is high season I believe & you would need to check park hours to see what days it's on as its quite sporadic. We have only eve managed to catch it once.

City Walk is restaurants & shops, nowhere near the size of Disney Springs but definitely worth an evening there for dinner. Margaritaville & NBC Grill our my favourite restaurants. I have heard good things about Toothsome too but that;s opened since we last visited.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Through mid September onwards to end of October 4-5 nights of the week its Horror nights so that takes up pretty much everything.

City walk has the disco on front on Friday and Saturday night which is good to get kids interacted with games and dancing.
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How busy is Universal after 6pm in early August?
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JoC
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
How busy is Universal after 6pm in early August?

They get quieter the longer you leave it in August except for Friday and Saturday when lots of locals go

Edited at 12:54 PM.
JoC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
City Walk is restaurants & shops, nowhere near the size of Disney Springs but definitely worth an evening there for dinner. Margaritaville & NBC Grill our my favourite restaurants. I have heard good things about Toothsome too but that;s opened since we last visited.
Looking at the website, Toothsome looks like it has replaced the Hard Rock Cafe ... is that right ?
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by smudgester View Post
Looking at the website, Toothsome looks like it has replaced the Hard Rock Cafe ... is that right ?
No it's next door
Old 17 May 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Peachy pot View Post
No it's next door
Phew
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosiew
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by JoC View Post
They get quieter the longer you leave it in August except for Friday and Saturday when lots of locals go
On the busy day guide it says universal is green on the last two Fridays in August?
Rosiew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to jump in but it is still cheaper to park in the evening?
If so how much and at what time does the price drop?
Thanks
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List