Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Oct 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Firstly, well done for doing Park Run. I’ve done 5k, 10k and half marathon events but I’ve never been brave enough to do Park Run. It’s just not for me. It’s okay if it’s not for you.

I’m in a social running group but I seldom run with anyone and when I do I don’t really like it. I don’t want to feel I’m holding anyone up or that I have to pretend not to be knackered when I am. I’m sure I don’t have to do that when with others but I feel like I do.

So I tend to run on my tod, with my earphones, and it’s great. Events are different though - lots of people, all different abilities just out to reach their own personal targets and there is an atmosphere, almost a sense of occasion. At bigger events they also group you with people of a similar pace. You’ll have a great time, and well done on your fundraising.
Thank you Kate, I can so relate to so much of what you've written. A friend wants to run with me but I've declined as dontbwantbto hold her back.

Well done you xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Buttons, I try and remember this after a bad run, cos it’s so true:-

Love it 💕
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
So, this happened today ...

It's taken me longer than 9 weeks but I finally finished. Unfortunately it hasn't made a runner of me, I really don't enjoy it, but it has improved my general fitness which was the main aim for me.

The plan now is to attend the gym twice a week, but to do a bit less running. I think I'll run one of the days and do some other things (rowing machine/cross trainer/bike etc.) on the second day.

Thank you to everyone who has provided advice and support during this journey. When I started I could barely run for one minute and now I can run for 30 minutes! There were many days when I thought I couldn't keep going, but knowing that I could report my progress back here helped me to finish each run. I had a massive wobble a couple of weeks ago, and again this group was here for me. I'll try to do the same for anyone else starting their C25K journey who asks for help on here.

I'm so proud of myself for sticking with this and getting it done, but I couldn't have done it without you all
Huge congratulations xx
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
So, this happened today ...

It's taken me longer than 9 weeks but I finally finished. Unfortunately it hasn't made a runner of me, I really don't enjoy it, but it has improved my general fitness which was the main aim for me.

The plan now is to attend the gym twice a week, but to do a bit less running. I think I'll run one of the days and do some other things (rowing machine/cross trainer/bike etc.) on the second day.

Thank you to everyone who has provided advice and support during this journey. When I started I could barely run for one minute and now I can run for 30 minutes! There were many days when I thought I couldn't keep going, but knowing that I could report my progress back here helped me to finish each run. I had a massive wobble a couple of weeks ago, and again this group was here for me. I'll try to do the same for anyone else starting their C25K journey who asks for help on here.

I'm so proud of myself for sticking with this and getting it done, but I couldn't have done it without you all
Well done I'm a couple of weeks behind you.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Well done Fuellady, it's great feeling isn't it. Its improved my stamina no end too
Old 25 Oct 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Well done Fuellady
Thank you

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
Huge congratulations xx
Thank you

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Well done I'm a couple of weeks behind you.
Thank you. Keep going, not long to go now. Well done on your progress so far.

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Well done Fuellady, it's great feeling isn't it. Its improved my stamina no end too
Thank you. Yes, such a good feeling.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Anyone else have problems running in an evening? Did manage the 25 minutes on Wednesday after work but today I've struggled and given up half way through. It's an office job as well so not physically demanding. Did do my weights workout after though.

On Saturday I'd played golf carrying my bag for 16 holes and did the long run afterwards with no problem
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

I don’t do my run in the morning. (except for organised races).

At the moment, I’m working 7-7, 6 days a week. I get up at 5.30, I really don’t think I could manage to get up any earlier.

What I’ve been doing is, as soon as I get in from work I get changed and do my run, I then collapse, have my evening meal, chill for a bit and then go to bed.

Some nights I really don’t feel like running, but I force myself to and then I feel much better.

We’re doing the Liverpool Arriva Scouse 5K on Sunday. I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve got the morning off work, back in after the race though.

Edited at 09:55 PM.
Jedi Princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Anyone else have problems running in an evening? Did manage the 25 minutes on Wednesday after work but today I've struggled and given up half way through. It's an office job as well so not physically demanding. Did do my weights workout after though.
I used to struggle going out after work, and even now that first mile is a bit of a mental battle to keep myself moving, but I do feel good when I get into it. I’ve had days when I’ve been called out in the night, had only a couple of hours kip, gone to work for the day and come home ready to drop, but forced myself to go running and then felt great. It’s definitely a mental challenge, not a physical one.
Old 1 Nov 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I managed to complete Week 4 day 1 today. It’s taken me a little while to get to week 4, having developed ‘runners’ knee after week 2 which kept me off the treadmill for a couple of weeks. Was not looking forward to doing a 5 minute run - but just about managed it!

Does anyone else sweat profusely when doing the session? The sweat just drips off me after the 1st 8 minutes or so. As i’m doing it on the treadmill at the gym, i’m not sure if i’m doing the right speed? I do 3.6 for the walking bit and 4.8 for the running bit. I’m hoping to increase the running speed as I progress through the weeks.

I’m hoping to complete the program by Christmas, as i’ll probably repeat a couple of the days to improve my stamina.