Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Feb 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
We left exactly the same time as yesterday (7am offsite) but it took 5 minutes more for the Uber to arrive. Then the traffic was horrendous (Valentines Day and Presidents weekend!) and we got to the park ten minutes before opening. Security was sooo slow, we got into the park dead on 8am but neither apps would load (hubby and I both tried) and by the time we got on they were on backup group already and everything was gone by 8.02 again! We have another day to try. We’re on our way to a very busy Magic Kingdom now 😍
That’s so frustrating for you. Hope you have an extra big ice cream at MK to make up for the disappointment Enjoy your day and I really hope you have better luck on your next attempt.
Old 14 Feb 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How high was the backup group? They do get around to most of them.

I really think Disney are setting guaranteed BG's low to manage expectation. The day we got on for the second time, we we on BG 83 and thought we had no hope as they had set the guaranteed BG numnber at 60 odd. We still got on and they went on to hit 115 ish that day, that was with multiple break downs which take an hour to re-set each time.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LostGirl View Post
How high was the backup group? They do get around to most of them.

I really think Disney are setting guaranteed BG's low to manage expectation. The day we got on for the second time, we we on BG 83 and thought we had no hope as they had set the guaranteed BG numnber at 60 odd. We still got on and they went on to hit 115 ish that day, that was with multiple break downs which take an hour to re-set each time.
They only got as high as 70 yesterday - backup groups were from 71. Today I don’t know how high the backups went to but they started at 56. They had real issues with the ride yesterday.
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
That’s so frustrating for you. Hope you have an extra big ice cream at MK to make up for the disappointment Enjoy your day and I really hope you have better luck on your next attempt.
We have BoG for lunch 😍
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm starting to worry about getting on this 😳 We go on 35 days and only have 2 day hoppers - so 2 times trying... If we get a FP for return, what happens if we have used up our 2 days?
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mulv2222 View Post
I'm starting to worry about getting on this 😳 We go on 35 days and only have 2 day hoppers - so 2 times trying... If we get a FP for return, what happens if we have used up our 2 days?
You miss out, even if you were lucky enough to get a fastpass you won't get free park tickets. I'm pretty sure the TCs will state no ticket refunds based on one ride not being available.

Its one ride not your holiday, if you get on great, if you don't enjoy the rest of the day ... you are at WDW.
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

We left exactly the same time as yesterday (7am offsite) but it took 5 minutes more for the Uber to arrive. Then the traffic was horrendous (Valentines Day and Presidents weekend!) and we got to the park ten minutes before opening. Security was sooo slow, we got into the park dead on 8am but neither apps would load (hubby and I both tried) and by the time we got on they were on backup group already and everything was gone by 8.02 again! We have another day to try. We’re on our way to a very busy Magic Kingdom now 😍
You've been quite unlucky, twice... I hope your third attempt will be the lucky one and that you're having a lovely day in Magic Kingdom instead.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by baggies View Post
You miss out, even if you were lucky enough to get a fastpass you won't get free park tickets. I'm pretty sure the TCs will state no ticket refunds based on one ride not being available.

Its one ride not your holiday, if you get on great, if you don't enjoy the rest of the day ... you are at WDW.
We have heard rumours that they might be giving day tickets too if you are in the lower boarding groups but I’m not sure how true that is. Best strategy is to assume you’re not going to get on and it’s a bonus if you do
Old 19 Feb 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
You've been quite unlucky, twice... I hope your third attempt will be the lucky one and that you're having a lovely day in Magic Kingdom instead.
We’re trying again today - hopefully third time lucky! Keeping everything crossed 🤞
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’re trying again today - hopefully third time lucky! Keeping everything crossed 🤞
Really hope you’re in luck today! 🤞🏻🤞🏻