Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Oct 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile Boxes boxes boxes!

With all the recycling and reduced wrapping going on right now I cannot believe the boxes we are having to dispose of. The now famous reborn doll has arrived in his own box, in another box, in another box. An aftershave pack has just arrived in a box approx 18" X 12". Yesterday two other small items arrived equally over packed. This can't be good for the planet surely?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
With all the recycling and reduced wrapping going on right now I cannot believe the boxes we are having to dispose of. The now famous reborn doll has arrived in his own box, in another box, in another box. An aftershave pack has just arrived in a box approx 18" X 12". Yesterday two other small items arrived equally over packed. This can't be good for the planet surely?
Amazon get on my nerves with their excess packaging, I do recycle it all and most of it is paper and card more than plastic but the size of the item in the box they send is often far too big. Even stuff you buy off the shelf so doesn’t need sending out in a box is often over packaged... just look at Easter eggs compared to what’s inside, I think it’s often to make it look a bigger gift than keep the stuff protected
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Totally agree. Tiny items arrive like a pass the parcel game.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I know the trees still get chopped for cardboard products but our Council is awesome for recycling. They literally take everything. All the cardboard I put in a bigger cardboard box and that's how they like it.

My pet hate is those products that come in those plastic 'cases' that you have to attack with a chainsaw to get into them!

I'm sure Amazon said they were phasing them out?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Excess packaging drives me mad. I have had thing come in boxes five times as big as they need to be. Most recently I ordered a very thin indoor door mat, it could have been rolled up and put in a large envelop, instead it was put in a box that was 50% bigger than the mat whilst flat and four inches deep!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

Picked up a new Apple Watch yesterday from John Lewis. The already massive Apple box was packed in a John Lewis box almost too big to pick up surrounded by about 20 plastic airbags.

See our new 360 degree tour, December 2019.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l...less=1&logo=-1

Jiljo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I know the trees still get chopped for cardboard products but our Council is awesome for recycling. They literally take everything. All the cardboard I put in a bigger cardboard box and that's how they like it.

My pet hate is those products that come in those plastic 'cases' that you have to attack with a chainsaw to get into them!

Our council is very good at recycling too, we have to put cardboard in clear plastic bags same as paper card etc. Its the only thing I praise them for.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

I haven't had to do it yet but I saw a video of somebody using a tin opener to get into one of those plastic things. It looked so easy I am going to have to try it.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

DH ordered a wash bag last week.

It came yesterday in huge box, probably a whole roll of bubble wrap (to fill the box)

It just wasn't needed in the slightest.

I sell on eBay though so all boxes here are recycled and I also rescue ones from work for the same purpose
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I agree with regards unnecessary wrapping and big boxes for small items. When Jennifer arrived (my adult lady companion doll) she was so well wrapped, but then I would have been disappointed had any part of her been damaged.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List