Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Feb 10, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jojovontrapp View Post

shame you don't quote the whole article -

"Tilikum never takes part in water work with trainers, not necessarily due to aggression (he is in fact very docile), but because he doesn't necessarily realize his own strength. Tilikum is the feature of the show "Believe" where the audience and trainers chant "Shamu" as Tillikum soaks the audience."

Someone has died here... surely not the time or place really to be getting into THAT particular discussion...
ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON... i agree whole heartedly with you !
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 10, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jojovontrapp View Post

shame you don't quote the whole article -

"Tilikum never takes part in water work with trainers, not necessarily due to aggression (he is in fact very docile), but because he doesn't necessarily realize his own strength. Tilikum is the feature of the show "Believe" where the audience and trainers chant "Shamu" as Tillikum soaks the audience."

Someone has died here... surely not the time or place really to be getting into THAT particular discussion...
I have read the whole thread and people have been saying many thing about the whale. I am entitled to an opinion. I never said anything derogatory to the trainer. It is very sad and I feel for her family I just don't think that whale should be used anymore as its a danger.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 10, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leeds Tink View Post
Maybe I wasnt clear, but my previous posts on this thread have expressed my sympathy for the trainers family, friends and colleagues. Although I have not expressed the opinion that Seaworld is cold hearted about this, I do suspect that the corporate machine that is now dealing with the PR for this very sad incident knew the trainer just about as well as any of us on here did. Their job is to protect the reputation of the park and their business, which is fine. The point I am making is that people need to be aware of that when listening to what they have to say.
Agree with you whole heartedly i just find it sad some people will look down on Seaworld as to how good or bad they will handle this as they haven't had it to deal with before.

I just hope things become a bit more clearer on this in the morning
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 10, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by elmlea22 View Post
I have read the whole thread and people have been saying many thing about the whale. I am entitled to an opinion. I never said anything derogatory to the trainer. It is very sad and I feel for her family I just don't think that whale should be used anymore as its a danger.
It shouldn't be used but I don't think it should be put down.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 10, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinker
Apprentice Imagineer

OMG, what a horrible shock. Thoughts go out to everyone.
Old 25 Feb 10, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cosmo_kramer View Post

No, he should not.

RIP Dawn.
Old 25 Feb 10, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cosmo_kramer View Post
Agreed! There is a massive difference to a Wild animal being kept in captivity and a domestic pet.

While I didn't know or meet this poor woman, it seems from her love of these animals she wouldn't want that either.

Yes that's me just speculating.
Old 25 Feb 10, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post

what I do find sad is that there are reports of crowds of people at guest services demanding refunds on their admission tickets... in this situation and at a time like this I would not even have a thought like that cross my mind - Dawn's family of course will be heartbroken but my thoughts would also go to her wider 'family' of friends and colleagues at the park - they must be feeling the loss too - to then be confronted by a mob after their money back - I don't know how I would cope with that and would probably not be able to stop myself from uttering a few choice words faced with that situation...
Old 25 Feb 10, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post

The whale should not be put down. It is a "killer whale" the clue is in it's name.

These whales do not ask to be put on show like this, they have no choice in the matter! We're not exactly talking about the old trusted reliable dog gone wild who has attacked someone.
Old 25 Feb 10, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 90
RIP my thoughts go out to her, her family and co-workers. How incredibly sad
2012 Pre-trippie
brummymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread