Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 Aug 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile Where now?

We have just got back from Florida and have been home for around 6 hours!

We are now planning next year.
This was our 5th trip to Florida in 5 years we have done all of the parks many times and visited Clearwater, Anna Marie and this week Marco Island this week, which we loved!

So we would like to try something different!

We like:
Being busy
Wildlife
Fishing
Boat trips
Exploring different places
Nice villas
Nice places to eat

We don't like:
Driving for more than 3 hours at a time
Spending all day at the beach/pool. 1/2 day is enough.
We aren't keen on cities

I have looked at the keys but it's really expensive.
I would like a two centre holiday with lots to do in the first week and maybe a rest in the second.

I looked at a drive through California but think that might be too much driving at this point. ( maybe when the kids are older)
We would also like to try Canada but again lots of driving involved.
The kids are good and enjoy nature and adventure but by next year they will be nearly 14 and 16 so hormones will be flying around so I want to make sure everyone is happy and sane. 🤣
So does anyone have any experience of holidays that might include wildlife, adventure and something different without too much driving or parks.

I look forward to hearing your responses.
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Have you looked at Tennessee
Loads to to and see
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Never been , but would like to go to Canada.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We loved the Smoky mountains lovely scenery and walks we had a mummy bear and four Cubs outside our cabin door. Dollywood is my favourite theme park as well.

California was great my favourite parts were San Francisco and Monterey unfortunately Yosemite was cancelled for us due to fires but if you just did these 3 locations it should not be too much driving. I'm not keen on cities but loved San Francisco.

I think Quebec would suit your brief. Quebec City was amazing we only had three days there as our plane was 2 days delayed! Could have spent much longer there not really a city like we know more like a town. Lots going on street shows and things to see. There are lots of lovely walks nearby a short drive to Canyon Saint Ann which had amazing waterfalls, suspension bridges, a zip line and 3 via ferratas. The Montmorency falls are lovely as well. We then took the 2 hour drive to Saguenay for 3 nights had a wonderful hotel best I've ever been to for friendliness we did some hikes and took a boat ride on the fjord did not want to leave. We didn't have time to do a wale watching tour but apparently you can see them from the shore in certain places.

We just got off our cruise this morning first one we have ever done that was really good too.

Due to the flight cancellations and delays we spent a night in New York before we got to Quebec. As I said I don't really like cities and we all hated New York although I admit we didn't see very much of it.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
We loved the Smoky mountains lovely scenery and walks we had a mummy bear and four Cubs outside our cabin door. Dollywood is my favourite theme park as well.

California was great my favourite parts were San Francisco and Monterey unfortunately Yosemite was cancelled for us due to fires but if you just did these 3 locations it should not be too much driving. I'm not keen on cities but loved San Francisco.

I think Quebec would suit your brief. Quebec City was amazing we only had three days there as our plane was 2 days delayed! Could have spent much longer there not really a city like we know more like a town. Lots going on street shows and things to see. There are lots of lovely walks nearby a short drive to Canyon Saint Ann which had amazing waterfalls, suspension bridges, a zip line and 3 via ferratas. The Montmorency falls are lovely as well. We then took the 2 hour drive to Saguenay for 3 nights had a wonderful hotel best I've ever been to for friendliness we did some hikes and took a boat ride on the fjord did not want to leave. We didn't have time to do a wale watching tour but apparently you can see them from the shore in certain places.

We just got off our cruise this morning first one we have ever done that was really good too.

Due to the flight cancellations and delays we spent a night in New York before we got to Quebec. As I said I don't really like cities and we all hated New York although I admit we didn't see very much of it.
Sounds great! I will look at your suggestions when planning. Thank you. X
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

We loved Canada and would like to take our daughters there. We have been to east side (Toronto to Quebec) and Calgary/ rockies to Vancouver. If we were to take the kids, we would fly to Vancouver and visit the city, Whistler area and Vancouver island as this would limit the driving considerably. Vancouver is an amazing city with lots of great countryside and wildlife on the doorstep.
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

New England?
Princess Alison is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List