Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Nov 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Norris1969
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Anyone know how to change country of residence? Won’t accept my licence as it’s a uk licence and booked through AutoEurope.ie

My AutoEurope booking shows my correct uk address. Can’t find anywhere on budget site or booking that states my address
That’s exactly the same issue I have, booked car through the Irish autoeurope site and I have a UK driving licence, slightly worried that could be an issue for us when we get to collect the car (I’m guessing you booked a large car when the price was really low a couple of months ago?)?

I can pull up the full booking on the budget.com website but it says I need to change the country noted in my reservation so that it is the same as my licence (but I’m guessing only autoeurope can do that at their end………..which makes me worry that we then lose out on that price we got as they’ll twig? Don’t think there is any rule against it, I mean we didn’t say that we lived in Ireland when we made the booking?
Norris1969 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Norris1969
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
Anyone know how to change country of residence? Won’t accept my licence as it’s a uk licence and booked through AutoEurope.ie

My AutoEurope booking shows my correct uk address. Can’t find anywhere on budget site or booking that states my address
Think we’re screwed, I emailed the autoeurope email address that I seen on the budget.com website on my booking details and got the reply below. Doesn’t make sense to me though as everyone who has a budget booking through BA is able to do the digital check-in going by other responses?

Customer Service (Reservation Support)
Nov 12, 2021, 4:41 AST

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing Auto Europe!

please be advised that the online-checkin-service is reserved for the suppliers direct customers.

Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail or call our team.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Service≈
Reservations Team
Auto Europe
Norris1969 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
I have got as far as my reservation showing up and putting in the license details but it wont let me continue as its asking for flight details even though there isn't a box to enter them in ?
Hi
Did you put in your flight details when you booked the rental?
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Norris1969 View Post
That’s exactly the same issue I have, booked car through the Irish autoeurope site and I have a UK driving licence, slightly worried that could be an issue for us when we get to collect the car (I’m guessing you booked a large car when the price was really low a couple of months ago?)?

I can pull up the full booking on the budget.com website but it says I need to change the country noted in my reservation so that it is the same as my licence (but I’m guessing only autoeurope can do that at their end………..which makes me worry that we then lose out on that price we got as they’ll twig? Don’t think there is any rule against it, I mean we didn’t say that we lived in Ireland when we made the booking?
Hi
Managed to get my full booking by keeping the issuing country as Ireland. Couldn’t get any further as I hadn’t put in my flight details when I booked with AutoEurope.ie. 😢
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
No, I booked it through Andy on here.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Think we’re screwed, I emailed the autoeurope email address that I seen on the budget.com website on my booking details and got the reply below. Doesn’t make sense to me though as everyone who has a budget booking through BA is able to do the digital check-in going by other responses?

Customer Service (Reservation Support)
Nov 12, 2021, 4:41 AST

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing Auto Europe!

please be advised that the online-checkin-service is reserved for the suppliers direct customers.

Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail or call our team.

Yours sincerely,

Customer Service≈
Reservations Team
Auto Europe
That's exactly what I was told when I phoned them last week. We arrived last night and up to 2 days before I was getting nag mails telling me I needed to do digital check in.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Norris1969
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by amf View Post
That's exactly what I was told when I phoned them last week. We arrived last night and up to 2 days before I was getting nag mails telling me I needed to do digital check in.
What was the hire desk experience like with Budget, any hard sell? I’ve become too used to Alamo and Avis skip the counter. Also, car standard/condition ok?
Old 14 Nov 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

What was the hire desk experience like with Budget, any hard sell? I’ve become too used to Alamo and Avis skip the counter. Also, car standard/condition ok?
We pick up the car in about 4 hours - currently in Miami. I will update later once we get to Orlando.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Norris1969
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by amf View Post
We pick up the car in about 4 hours - currently in Miami. I will update later once we get to Orlando.
Ideal, let us know how you get on. We are flying in to Tampa but back from Miami, doing a bit of travelling outside of the Orlando park part of the trip and those airport options were the most convenient/better prices for us.
Old 14 Nov 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Yes, booked the large car via Irish AE. Like you say, there’s no rules against it so should be ok but it is slightly concerning isn’t it?! We don’t go til August so plenty of time to see how it works out for others that have done the same. When do you go?
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List