Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had vertigo for 2 weeks.
The worst 2 weeks of my life!

I wish your DH a speedy recovery.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Hi we arrived home from SW Florida last Thursday, hubby got up Friday morning and collapsed on kitchen floor. I rushed down stairs just as he was coming round, I stupidly sat him on a chair and turned round to get him some water, to which he passed out again and smashed his head in floor tiles, blood everywhere and me panicking what to do. Came round again and decided he better go in to work half hour later (I did tell him) felt dizzy and sick all day. Still feel rubbish his week, went to do drs last night who tell him he has vertigo from the flight. Just wondered about anyone else’s experience with this, how long it lasts etc. She said about a week, he still has terrible headache she said probably from the fall, but this woozy feeling is making him feel so bad...
I am so sorry, but I did giggle at you sitting him on a chair and him falling off
I suffer from labyrinthitis and my mam suffers from vertigo. I've never heard of the Epley manoeuvre, but will be looking it up. It does go, sometimes it can take longer than a few days, but it will ease over this time.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Well I tried to carry the manoeuvre out, as soon as he put his head over the end of the bed he felt himself going so sat up then momentarily passed out. Omg this is awful for him, I don’t know what else to do, it’s going to be a long week for him, hope something sorts itself out real soon
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

If he keeps passing out I would go back to the GP or go to a walk in clinic, there are tablets he should have been offered for vertigo.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
I would bring him back. My husband had a bout of it. He was driving the car home from work and said but felt like the road was moving towards him. Doc gave him tablets and after a couple of days he felt so much better and hasn't had it since. His mam also has it but she gets it more often and has to take to the bed. Sounds like your hubbie may need the medication.
Ciano is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I had sudden onset vertigo a few years back, was ok when I got up , had my usual shower & promptly fell over. Spent the rest of the day holding on to the wall if I had to walk. Saw GP who prescribed Serc tablets. Took a good week to resolve & felt really spaced out
Hope he feels better soon,if no improvement contact GP again
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I think he needs to go back to gp. Ive had vertigo, its horrible. Gp once gave me some.meds (sorry cant remember name) which I had to put a little pill between my gum and upper lip to dissolve. Felt better after a couple of days, also another time was advised to take travel sickness tablets to help. The eply maneuver can make you feel worse during it, but it does work. There was a gp at the surgery I worked at who would do it, maybe its worth finding out if your surgery can help? I hope he recovers soon.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
I suffer from labyrinthitis
I had this when i was in Orlando in 2017, probably caused by swimming underwater for too long a period and came up gasping.

Honestly never known anything like it. Id be standing up outside a shop at disney springs and all of a sudden id get a wobble on after losing my balance. As a grown bloke whos played sport all his life, been very active even though i have the physique of a beachball this was awful.

I had to push the stroller, always when i stopped and stood still id be impacted. So id hold the stroller for my balance.

My then 12 year old daughter noticed it before anyone else and asked if i was drunk.
Old 23 May 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklepants
slightly serious Dibber

sparklepants's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I’ve had sudden onset labyrinthitis - one minute I was fine and the next, I honestly thought my time was up! Felt as though I was on the waltzers and was violently sick. GP sent me to hospital and I was admitted over night. They thought I might have had a stroke. An awful experience! Hope your DS feels better soon, it’s very scary x
Old 23 May 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
I had this when i was in Orlando in 2017, probably caused by swimming underwater for too long a period and came up gasping.

Honestly never known anything like it. Id be standing up outside a shop at disney springs and all of a sudden id get a wobble on after losing my balance. As a grown bloke whos played sport all his life, been very active even though i have the physique of a beachball this was awful.

I had to push the stroller, always when i stopped and stood still id be impacted. So id hold the stroller for my balance.

My then 12 year old daughter noticed it before anyone else and asked if i was drunk.
I do like I'm drunk, affects one side so I'm walking sideways and banging in to things. Poor you to get it while on holiday
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List