Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Feb 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sashadog
Imagineer

Thanks for all of your input! I’m still struggling with my decision though hahaha I like the theming and rooms in the beach club more I think, but wilderness lodge is so close to magic kingdom. Both resorts have fab looking pools
sashadog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sashadog View Post
Thanks for all of your input! I’m still struggling with my decision though hahaha I like the theming and rooms in the beach club more I think, but wilderness lodge is so close to magic kingdom. Both resorts have fab looking pools
I haven’t stayed at the Beach Club but I have stayed at the Yacht Club and wandered through the Beach Club main areas many times, I have also stayed at Wilderness Lodge.

I think that I liked Wilderness Lodge public areas better than the Beach Club areas which were always pretty busy. I found the Wilderness Lodge rooms quite dark, definitely preferred Yacht Club but I have heard that Beach Club rooms could do with a refurb.

I don’t think I would say that the location of Wilderness Lodge is that much of an advantage, it is not on the monorail and I found waiting for boats quite a pain. Also they can’t hold as many people as a bus can so sometimes you have to wait for the second one. We generally found the bus service from WL to be very poor too, in fact we cut short our stay and moved to Grand Floridian after one too many times waiting forever for transportation.

Beach Club has far more location advantages than Wilderness Lodge. We like it in the evening in particular and having a nice easy walk to a good variety of restaurants in Epcot.

So my vote is Beach Club. Although as an adult only party I would much prefer the Yacht Club for the more grown up ambience and also being the first stop for buses.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by sashadog View Post

Have a look at contemporary, its coming in "cheap" and its walking distance to MK.
LeedsDisneyGeek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LeedsDisneyGeek View Post
Have a look at contemporary, its coming in "cheap" and its walking distance to MK.
That is a good call. I priced up various times of the year for 2022 and Contemporary was consistently a bit more reasonable and available than other deluxe hotels. Strange as some years you don’t see it at all.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That is a good call. I priced up various times of the year for 2022 and Contemporary was consistently a bit more reasonable and available than other deluxe hotels. Strange as some years you don’t see it at all.
Same for us, we almost booked Contemporary for 2019, but we decided to wait for the dining plan as this was early 2018, when it finally come out the prices went to the through the roof. This time we decided not to wait and just book it, as like you said its often not available or is silly money.
LeedsDisneyGeek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Both excellent but very different resorts. Perfect combination for a split stay.
Old 22 Feb 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Read the reviews of BC and listen carefully to the ones that mention the place needs renovation and that the beds are awful, no more like atrocious. The soft renovation years ago did not involve replacing the aging mattresses. They sag badly and dont lift the sheets to look at it.
We stayed in 2019 and the compensation package that Disney gave us to apologise more than shows how bad the place is. Disney encouraged us to complain as they said it gave them points towards the need for a renovation.
If you pick BC and find out how bad the beds are, dont say I didnt warn you.

WL has recently had full renovations so would be my choice of the 2. Stayed several years ago and loved the location.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 12:09 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Muppetnation_20
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Read the reviews of BC and listen carefully to the ones that mention the place needs renovation and that the beds are awful, no more like atrocious. The soft renovation years ago did not involve replacing the aging mattresses. They sag badly and dont lift the sheets to look at it.
We stayed in 2019 and the compensation package that Disney gave us to apologise more than shows how bad the place is. Disney encouraged us to complain as they said it gave them points towards the need for a renovation.
If you pick BC and find out how bad the beds are, dont say I didnt warn you.

WL has recently had full renovations so would be my choice of the 2. Stayed several years ago and loved the location.
Got to be honest we stayed in the Beach Club in early 2020 and thought the beds were great, my wife said it was the most comfortable bed she'd had in a hotel.
Muppetnation_20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

You were lucky. They are only replacing the beds and mattresses like the ones we had. Ones that collapse during the night and you end up rolled onto the floor.

Originally Posted by Muppetnation_20 View Post
Got to be honest we stayed in the Beach Club in early 2020 and thought the beds were great, my wife said it was the most comfortable bed she'd had in a hotel.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List