Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Mar 17, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Personally couldn't care less. Good luck to those who have got something out of the situation.

We are staying at SSR and paid to stay there as we wanted something extra after staying at CBR last year.

Being jealous has not even crossed my mild. Couldn't care less if honest!
Old 2 Mar 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I am just happy I am lucky enough to be going to WDW snd staying in a lovely hotel. not worrying about what others are getting or what they have paid etc.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

I am not jealous as people have said but if disney are spreading 'magic' over peoples accounts to make them happy.. What about the people who now are going to suffer an extra busy resort with people who have taken all the upgraded rooms (less chance for us to get on arrival) and have paid a lot less!

I have emailed Disney about this - not sure if anything will happen but it's worth an email.
Old 2 Mar 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

To be honest I wouldn't like to be in their situation.
Most people just want to be sorted there have been only one or 2 minor comments that suggest the odd few are pushing their luck a little and tbh they probably just want to be sorted and are just dreaming out loud about upgrades.
Last year I booked WL then as soon as the refurb was announced I switched to AKL. I paid the downgrade cost to do it because I didn't want the uncertainty. Later people were upgraded to other deluxes that I would have chosen of AKL but never in a million would I have wanted the hassle those people had and the stress it caused so I didn't ponder over it.
As it was we had a great time at AKL as you will at POR.
Old 2 Mar 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
I am not jealous as people have said but if disney are spreading 'magic' over peoples accounts to make them happy.. What about the people who now are going to suffer an extra busy resort with people who have taken all the upgraded rooms (less chance for us to get on arrival) and have paid a lot less!

I have emailed Disney about this - not sure if anything will happen but it's worth an email.
What happens now though if they give you magic does that mean we should all email - if so surely the little bits of surprise magic they do spread, and they do, will all need to stop? Just a thought!
Old 2 Mar 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

We have also booked 4 nights in the Polynesian as it's going to be our honeymoon - this has cost alot of money... To get the Dining plan we had to book two hotels at the same time... And it just feels a bit unfair when others are able to move to Deluxe resorts without paying a penny more (and mostly paying CBR rates which where less than POR)
Old 2 Mar 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

So now Disney is expected to sprinkle magic over all their 30,000 rooms for the whole time there's construction at CBR in case someone thinks it's not fair. Ludicrous!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I have booked POR and haven't given it any thought at all. Good luck to those who have moved from CBR. I came extreamly close to booking CBR but eventually chose POR. If I had booked CBR I would have had an extreamly stressful last week trying to sort it. I would have expected to be moved and don't begrudge anyone who has. I don't agree with saying that it lowers the chance of an upgrade for anyone who originally booked POR, that just seems like sour grapes.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

The chances are that resorts will be running at 90-100% occupancy a lot of the time anyway, it will just have been filled with 'other' people.

As another poster mentioned people get free upgrades at Disney all the time.

CBR will be without a food court, table service, shop etc & have full on building going on. Surely you can see that people deserve the chance to be moved to another resort to get the facilities that CBR will be lacking.

If it hadn't been for these threads you'd never have known about it, you'd have got to your resort and been none the wiser!
😳
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
So now Disney is expected to sprinkle magic over all their 30,000 rooms for the whole time there's construction at CBR in case someone thinks it's not fair. Ludicrous!
I laughed out loud! Clearly that's the expectation 😳
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List