Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 May 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The bus system is good there, but there is nowhere to walk and it’s not clear if and when busses will be running.
Old 15 May 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

The Lobby and views are brilliant but as YorkshireT has mentioned the location did make you feel your are stuck out on a limb - not one of my favs I think the number one slot for me has to be YC
Old 15 May 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Spent our honeymoon there when it first opened( it was our first wdw resort stay) and since then have stayed at AK few other times, gradually experiencing all the different types of rooms.
The place has an extremely chilled out feel to it, the piped music is calming, the restaurants are all excellent, great situation for AK, HS and Epcot... not so good for Disney Springs especially in the evening so my advice would be to perhaps do DS later in your holiday.
There are lots of activities for kids and adults that take place throughout the day.

Its a really wonderful feeling getting off the bus from the park and hearing the cricket sounds and music drum beats.

Wishing you a wonderful stay there... my advice too would be to try and fit in a resort day if you can, to make the most of being there. They run a shuttle between the two resorts (Kidani and Jambo) from the front of the two main entrances if you were booked in at Sanaa or just wanted to check it out.
Oh, and King Pin (used to, hope he still would do) swap pins in the shop- hes a great character especially for kids. Top tip he always has a mystery pin on his lanyard which is pinned on from the underside so its a secret reveal. Usually a good one.
Finally...last of my things , sorry, they had flamingos near the pool...if they still do, its worth checking out- they do(did when we were there a couple of years ago) watching feeding times as part of the activities on offer- free of course. x

ps had a bad stay there in 2012...but went back to stay in 2017 and visited 2019 and it was fantastic. Was just a blip staff wise I guess.

Edited at 08:39 AM.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by The waltons View Post
We stayed there on our last trip to Disney. It’s amazing we had savannah room included but most rooms have a view. It was so relaxing made such a difference from mania in Disney to look at graceful animals outside. There are lots of animal viewing points. The Mara was brilliant pool was beautiful . My ds was 9 and still raves about it. The balcony was brilliant to have at Disney he would wake up in the morning early and sit out there looking at the animals with his toys. He keeps asking to stay again. I’d go again in a heartbeat.
They had great bus system and games for kids at bus stop that my two still joke about such as match the faeces to the species !
'match the faeces to the species' gave me a good chuckle. My two would love that! Just need BA to extend cancellation dates now so I can get deciding! Thanks everyone

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List