Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
versace1888
Excited about Disney

really? Do you think so? We've paid $500 deposit so far and about to pay another $2050 this week x
versace1888 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Perhaps they are away? Maybe thats why their messages are full. I am really hoping so for you. I would also maybe tentatively see if there are any other villas available for your dates, just in case. Hopefully all will be well, but it might put your mind at ease to have a backup plan. Good luck x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 16, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by versace1888 View Post
Thanks everyone. I've just tried calling and the number I have (a US number) is saying the mailbox is full, so I wasn't able to even leave a message. Really don't know what to do for the best?
Have you tried social media?

Try Googling their names and finding them on Linked-in or Facebook, that may give you another potential communication channel.

Another thing to try is to try and find the villa and attempt to make another booking - that might attract a reply !

Regards

Gary
Old 24 Feb 16, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I get my emails pushed through to my phone every 15 minutes, I can't always answer them that quickly if I'm at work as I can't stop half way through cutting someone's hair but I always answer within an hour if at all possible. I don't think I Would pay anything else till you have spoken with the owner and your dates/payments are confirmed. Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 16, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

There are posts like this from time to time and they usually turn out just fine. Not all owners keep their calendars up to date (I don't understand why) so that isn't necessarily a bad sign either. If your balance isn't due then the owner may be away and not worrying to check emails as he doesn't think there is anything to chase.

Owners on here are all very active and we all respond really quickly however stories do come up which shows not all owners elsewhere are so on top of things.

Keep trying for the next few days until your balance is actually due before really starting to worry.
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 16, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by versace1888 View Post
Thanks everyone. I've just tried calling and the number I have (a US number) is saying the mailbox is full, so I wasn't able to even leave a message. Really don't know what to do for the best?
Can you say which county the villa is in and are the dates now & in March blocked out? they could be there. The county info should have the villa phone number One of us can send you a link to find it From The surname and the county Dont panic just yet but if they dont come back as the message box is full how many others are calling them Hang on to your money until they get back to you Meanwhile I would start looking for an alternative Sorry were booked but come back and I will help all I can
Check your travel Insurance to see if your covered for Supplier failure
Bill & Barbara

Edited at 07:43 PM.
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 16, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Have you checked out the ownership status of the villa? You can do this via the Comptroller's Office. Might give you reassurance... or not

occompt/services/records-search/

Edited at 07:56 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 16, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
Have you tried social media?

Try Googling their names and finding them on Linked-in or Facebook, that may give you another potential communication channel.

Another thing to try is to try and find the villa and attempt to make another booking - that might attract a reply !

Regards

Gary
I don't agree with this - that's a bit like stalking and also it's not meant for this type of communication. You should stick to the published contact methods.

I would start looking into alternative options although there may well be an innocent explanation.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 16, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

In answer to you question, I'd give it at least another week before you start worrying. People have busy lives and this is probably not their full time job.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 16, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pipdavenport
Trainee Dibber

Hope it works out for you. Keeping everything crossed
Pip
Pipdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread