Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Apr 14, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
If you have Savetime you do not need OLCI because they are really the same thing. All you need is your Savetime Barcode and your 5/6 rental agreement. In the garage is a hut with lots of staff show them your Savetime and they will direct you to a row of cars pick one proceed to the barrier show them your savetime with Barcode, Credit Card (the same one you booked with)and your Driving Licence. They should give you a rental agreement, recipt and map and away you go. At least that what's happened to me the last 5 times I have used Alamo.
Which is where it goes wrong. I do not have the 5/6 rental agreement as there was no attachement to the savetime receipt. There is no credit card that I booked with as in effect I'm booking very indirectly. I paid Charter Travel who pay the agency who pay Alamo.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Which is where it goes wrong. I do not have the 5/6 rental agreement as there was no attachement to the savetime receipt. There is no credit card that I booked with as in effect I'm booking very indirectly. I paid Charter Travel who pay the agency who pay Alamo.
I understand now I agree with you I too would go to the desk hope the queues are not to big and that next time you can book direct and savetime and money. Have a great holiday ( vacation )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Slipperman
Trainee Dibber

Well I've just done on-line check in for our hols.

Nothing about 'go to garage' but it does mention this

"The day after your arrival, do not forget to meet your rep at your 15-minute San Francisco update"

Shame we're flying into Los Angeles...

(And it's car hire booked though Virgin Atlantic)
Slipperman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you June and Peter for this reassurance I was only thinking all this myself. So il head to the garage I have a check in confirmation infront of me having entered all licence numbers opted for full tank of gas and have a bar code printed , so il head for the garage . Phew I was dreading That que at alamo
Old 22 Apr 14, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Slipperman View Post
Well I've just done on-line check in for our hols.

Nothing about 'go to garage' but it does mention this

"The day after your arrival, do not forget to meet your rep at your 15-minute San Francisco update"

Shame we're flying into Los Angeles...

(And it's car hire booked though Virgin Atlantic)
No shame flying into Los Angeles I wish I was.
Old 22 Apr 14, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've just done Online Check-In via the link from Virgin Holidays. I don't know if the procedure is different for Save Time but this is what I did:

Enter main driver licence details.
Enter additional driver licence details.
Decline additional items I didn't want.
Entered the credit card details of the card I will use in the US.
Printed off my "Alamo Bypass Ticket" (also saved it to PDF for safekeeping )

The following is what the top of it looks like (with the barcode altered by me ):

According to the instructions detailed, I just walk to the garage, pick a car, and then drive to the booth with this, my credit card and my driving licence. It mentions a rental document but am I correct in presuming they give me this at the booth as I don't have any specific agreement that I'm aware of?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alamo.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	54574  
Old 22 Apr 14, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
w3dal
Imagineer

^^ looks good, i also have the same looking voucher
Old 22 Apr 14, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dpmcalister View Post
I've just done Online Check-In via the link from Virgin Holidays. I don't know if the procedure is different for Save Time but this is what I did:

Enter main driver licence details.
Enter additional driver licence details.
Decline additional items I didn't want.
Entered the credit card details of the card I will use in the US.
Printed off my "Alamo Bypass Ticket" (also saved it to PDF for safekeeping )

The following is what the top of it looks like (with the barcode altered by me ):

According to the instructions detailed, I just walk to the garage, pick a car, and then drive to the booth with this, my credit card and my driving licence. It mentions a rental document but am I correct in presuming they give me this at the booth as I don't have any specific agreement that I'm aware of?

Thanks.
OLCI is really just the same as Savetime but for Virgin Car Rental Customers and US citizens but anyone can use this as well. When filled in US citizens and Virgin Customers will get a Bypass ticket and in some cases non US and non Virgin Customers but only a small amount will also get this ticket.
You will be given a Rental agreement at the barrier on your way out.

Edited at 04:29 PM.
Old 22 Apr 14, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Oh brilliant, this is the vouchure that we have got, we must be one of the lucky few on a diy holiday.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 14, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
OLCI is really just the same as Savetime but for Virgin Car Rental Customers and US citizens but anyone can use this as well. When filled in US citizens and Virgin Customers will get a Bypass ticket and in some cases non US and non Virgin Customers but only a small amount will also get this ticket.
You will be given a Rental agreement at the barrier on your way out.
Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I also thought an image of the "ticket" might help others