Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Feb 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks so much. I can book a room for £110 with $8 parking per night so cheaper than the theme parks. Would be worth it if we get 2 day fastpass.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just to clarify it’s not a loophole and it’s not a problem. LeMag has booked a room to take advantage of benefits. she has paid same as anyone else booking room and is entitled to the benefits if she paid for them. as stated no intention to cancel room and get money back just not ray there. fast passes will not get cancelled and you still have free parking at the parks. you don’t have to collect magic bands.
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mintybadger View Post
Just to clarify it’s not a loophole and it’s not a problem. LeMag has booked a room to take advantage of benefits. she has paid same as anyone else booking room and is entitled to the benefits if she paid for them. as stated no intention to cancel room and get money back just not ray there. fast passes will not get cancelled and you still have free parking at the parks. you don’t have to collect magic bands.
Thank you, this was exactly as I understood it!

If we don’t go to the hotel and check in will our 2nd day fastpasses get cancelled do you know?
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Thank you, this was exactly as I understood it!

If we don’t go to the hotel and check in will our 2nd day fastpasses get cancelled do you know?
i don’t know as much with the partner hotels but i don’t think so. You have paid. you haven’t cancelled so i think you’re good.
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Thanks, If this is the case we might have to take a detour there the first morning and collect the magic bands... I suppose they won’t know if we do/don’t stay there!
I'm not saying that's definitely the case though, just my way of thinking 😀
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I have done this as well using my avios points from BA I intend to go to hotel as they dont have a credit card for me and will need to pay resort fee for 1 night, also I emailed hotel to get a redf number off them for MDE

Edited at 06:44 PM.
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mintybadger View Post
i don’t know as much with the partner hotels but i don’t think so. You have paid. you haven’t cancelled so i think you’re good.
I think you're wrong, sorry. If someone books and pays for a flight, doesn't cancel it but doesn't turn up for it for some reason eg, medical emergency, caught in traffic, then it's assumed that the person won't be flying because they haven't turned up and the seat is then sold to someone else even though the original person has paid and not cancelled. I'd have thought hotels would do the same thing. If someone doesn't check in then they're not actually registered as staying there.

Edited at 09:56 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

[QUOTE=Donaldfan;14304128]I think you're wrong, sorry. If someone books and pays for a flight, doesn't cancel it but doesn't turn up for it for some reason eg, medical emergency, caught in traffic, then it's assumed that the person won't be flying because they haven't turned up and the seat is then sold to someone else even though the original person has paid and not cancelled. I'd have thought hotels would do the same thing. If someone doesn't check in then they're not actually registered as staying there.[/QUOTE

They may re sell the room (which OP isn’t actually worried about)if no check in but i don’t think it would affect the fast passes or the EMH. You can do EMH on the day of your check in before you check in.

Also hotels have different policies to flights.
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks, I think we will go and check in (and collect some new magic bands) in the afternoon, we’ll probably only spend the morning in the park anyway. That way I can be sure all the Fastpass etc will be ok the next day too!

I had a reply from the hotel and they said said ‘yes’ (that’s literally all they replied! ) when I asked if I will be able to use EMH the first day before checking in the hotel later in the day.

Here’s hoping it all works out okay! Thanks for all the replies.
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

The cheaper way to do it is to book a campsite spot at wilderness lodge. One night in August is $67. You get up to 10 magic bands, 2 days free parking on site at Disney, and 2 days FP booking at 60 days...
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List