Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 16 Apr 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PedroP
Earning More Ears

Mobile Airboat ride and snakes!

I would love to do an airboat ride in July/August. However seriously snake phobic (been to Florida twice not seen one - yet!)
Do you think I'm likely to see one/several on an airboat ride. It's a silly question I understand but of course phobias are irrational!
PedroP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just following this one. We got free tickets for this. I also have an awful phobia of snakes. Unfortunatly in 2013 we got one to the back door of the villa. Walked out to the pool and there he was curled up in a ball in the corner. My dd then aged 5 saw him I walked by him. Hubbie wanted to move him but i wouldnt allow him back out! Mgt co guy took him.away and let him go in the trees to the side of the house! Really unnerved me for the rest of the hol. That was last time i booked a villa with an open area to the back of it. Now I am the only person who looks for a villa that is overlooked!
Old 16 Apr 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Been on airboats many times and never seen a snake.
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We have been going for many years and rarely see them. The first one we saw was as we were leaving at Blizzard Beach (it was a black racer) and being snake phobic I screamed at our boys to move away only for them to ignore me. Another year the villa we were staying in had a cage but one morning I saw our eldest son go to another villa and then come back with a net only to find out he had seen a snake in the pool and went to get something to get it out and chuck it out. After that I never go outside without looking out of the windows first. Luckily we have taken two airboat rides and seen gators, birds and fish but luckily never snakes although my brother did see a cotton mouth when he went out at Boggy Creek.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Omg I would completely freak out if I ever saw a snake 🐍 & weve been many times - never seen one on an airboat ride either !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PedroP
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Just following this one. We got free tickets for this. I also have an awful phobia of snakes. Unfortunatly in 2013 we got one to the back door of the villa. Walked out to the pool and there he was curled up in a ball in the corner. My dd then aged 5 saw him I walked by him. Hubbie wanted to move him but i wouldnt allow him back out! Mgt co guy took him.away and let him go in the trees to the side of the house! Really unnerved me for the rest of the hol. That was last time i booked a villa with an open area to the back of it. Now I am the only person who looks for a villa that is overlooked!
When you say 'open' do you mean without a cage? We're going to a villa with a cage but backing onto water (my husband likes wildlife!). I appreciate this increases the risk and that they can get in but am hoping less so than if an open area?!
PedroP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
PedroP
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
We have been going for many years and rarely see them. The first one we saw was as we were leaving at Blizzard Beach (it was a black racer) and being snake phobic I screamed at our boys to move away only for them to ignore me. Another year the villa we were staying in had a cage but one morning I saw our eldest son go to another villa and then come back with a net only to find out he had seen a snake in the pool and went to get something to get it out and chuck it out. After that I never go outside without looking out of the windows first. Luckily we have taken two airboat rides and seen gators, birds and fish but luckily never snakes although my brother did see a cotton mouth when he went out at Boggy Creek.
Thanks. Here's hoping we don't see one! I won't go to BB or waterparks for this reason. Have convinced myself that new VB will be ok because more built up? !
Old 16 Apr 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PedroP View Post
Thanks. Here's hoping we don't see one! I won't go to BB or waterparks for this reason. Have convinced myself that new VB will be ok because more built up? !
Why would there be snakes at the water parks?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PedroP
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Why would there be snakes at the water parks?
I guess they like water?
Old 16 Apr 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Benno1
Imagineer

Benno1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Have seen snakes on International Drive, Seaworld and Typhoon Lagoon but funnily enough never on an airboat ride. Just Alligators, turtles, egrets etc

Days Inn Convention Center 1999
Quality Inn Plaza 2000/1/2/3/4/5/6/8/9/10
Rosen Inn @ Pointe (Old QIP) 2013/14/16/18
Rosen Plaza 2019
Benno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List