Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 May 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Just remember if you are a doctor take something to protect yourself.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi.

Thinking about trying United for the first time next year (edi-ewr-mco). Anyone have any pics of the inside of the plane or experiences to share?

Thanks
Look at seatguru sometimes photos are posted, it will give you an indication of layout and good/bad seats.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

We flew United last year indirect LHR-Newark-Tampa rtn, great flight would use again, free seat reservations and free 23kg hold baggage per person, food was good, not amazing but we eat at LHR and then in layover airport. Lots of free drinks services, inflight entertainment (take an ipad/tablet), some have seat charge points. LHR-NY was 2-4-2 layout, very nice and we booked a block of window seats as 8 in our group. NY to Tampa flight was 3-3 seats and in flight entertainment basic was free but had to swipe c/card to watch other stuff but a 2 hrs flight so not needed.
Old 9 May 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had an horrendous experience with them a few years ago. Flight out of MCO was delayed by weather and it took us 3 days to get back to Manchester via Newark, Barcelona and London. Staff were rude and unhelpful and i will never use them again, no matter how cheap they might be.
Old 9 May 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone. All experiences are much appreciated. I did Google but I never know if I'm looking at the right thing. I'll keep an eye and set up some alerts when the dates are released.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Oh just one other thing I like United used to use them as our airline of choice done 20+ transatlantics with them the last being to Denver and Back from LA in October, IFE great, Staff Great, Flexability great and their loyalty program does not take long to get stuff. However the food is dire I am not fussy at all I look forward to peeling back the foil but the United food to the US was inedible I left it and that says something,DD chicken nuggets were like weatabix, on the way back I eat it but wife and DD ate nothing. This is not a big deal for us as when we fly economy we take sandwiches anyway
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Oh just one other thing I like United used to use them as our airline of choice done 20+ transatlantics with them the last being to Denver and Back from LA in October, IFE great, Staff Great, Flexability great and their loyalty program does not take long to get stuff. However the food is dire I am not fussy at all I look forward to peeling back the foil but the United food to the US was inedible I left it and that says something,DD chicken nuggets were like weatabix, on the way back I eat it but wife and DD ate nothing. This is not a big deal for us as when we fly economy we take sandwiches anyway
We eat in airport before 1st flight and at layover airport. Unless you go 1st class where food is fresher how can you expect food to be nice in cattle class. DS chicken nuggets were also like weetabix on our flight to (must be how they like to serve them) I just eat the salad / fruit from the food tray and leave the rest. Having said that it wouldn't stop me from using an airline because of the food!
Old 10 May 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
We eat in airport before 1st flight and at layover airport. Unless you go 1st class where food is fresher how can you expect food to be nice in cattle class. DS chicken nuggets were also like weetabix on our flight to (must be how they like to serve them) I just eat the salad / fruit from the food tray and leave the rest. Having said that it wouldn't stop me from using an airline because of the food!
I generally like airline food but I am not fussy and it’s getting lots of small portions I flew to Dubai last year flew out economy with Emirates and back Business with Qantas the food was better on my Emirates flight
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
THOR1
Apprentice Imagineer

Edinburgh - Newark -Orlando is our route of choice and within reason we pay more for it.

We like getting through immigration in Newark and after getting luggage walking out straight to car in Orlando

Arriving back in Edinburgh after an overnight flight from the states rather than having to connect somewhere down south is fantastic and should not IMO be under estimated

Good airline with great staff

As with all economy food it is a bit his and miss but pretty restricted in choice but I have always expected not to be able to each much as I am a fussy eater and take the view that anything I can eat is a bonus.

Would thoroughly recommend you give them a try.

Infinitely better than other indirect options from Edinburgh IMO
THOR1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by THOR1 View Post
Edinburgh - Newark -Orlando is our route of choice and within reason we pay more for it.

We like getting through immigration in Newark and after getting luggage walking out straight to car in Orlando

Arriving back in Edinburgh after an overnight flight from the states rather than having to connect somewhere down south is fantastic and should not IMO be under estimated

Good airline with great staff

As with all economy food it is a bit his and miss but pretty restricted in choice but I have always expected not to be able to each much as I am a fussy eater and take the view that anything I can eat is a bonus.

Would thoroughly recommend you give them a try.

Infinitely better than other indirect options from Edinburgh IMO
Great thank you, food isn't an issue, to be honest the kids barely touch airline food and are happy with snacks and sandwiches. We really do like Virgin direct from Glasgow but I'm imagining that'll be a hefty price at Easter.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List