Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Aug 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I guess dogs who live in the area are used to the fireworks but it must be terrifying for a dog left in a strange room or even in the doggy care kennels that have been mentioned. Unless I am missing something and Disney fireworks are at a decibel range dogs can't hear.
Incidentally it is very easy to claim dogs are service dogs in the US, like disability you can't be asked to prove it, although I believe that is being discussed by the government now.
As usual the Mickey takers will spoil it for the genuine people.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
I have hated this idea from the start. I will not be stating at any of the resorts that have dogs. I think its absolutely ridiculous that at Disney World you can take a dog. WHY! I hate the thought of dogs being in the rooms, peeing up lamposts and bench legs etc. If you have to take a dog on holiday and it has to be Disney, Fort Wilderness should be the only place. What does the poor thing do whilst you are out of the room?

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I guess dogs who live in the area are used to the fireworks but it must be terrifying for a dog left in a strange room or even in the doggy care kennels that have been mentioned. Unless I am missing something and Disney fireworks are at a decibel range dogs can't hear.
I guess it depends on which resort they stay at and how close they are to the fireworks. It doesn't seem to affect the animals in Animal Kingdom, for example.

However, I guess dogs staying at the Yacht Club, for example, would be close to the Epcot fireworks. So, yes, I can see this being a bit of an issue.

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
What does the poor thing do whilst you are out of the room?
Some people keep dogs at home whilst they go to work. You could ask the same question - what does the poor dog do each day whilst they are out?

As many of the hotels in America and some in the UK are pet friendly, then clearly some people have been taking their dogs with them on holiday for years. Universal has allowed dogs in their hotel rooms and service dogs in their parks for quite a while. It's not like this is anything new.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’d love to hear experiences from those that stayed during the trial. When we were there during Irma lots of people had been put up in Disney hotels and brought their pets. Apart from the odd dog being walked you wouldn’t have noticed. I’ve never noticed it at RPR so I’d be interested to know if anyone noticed at Disney.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
livvyloo1991
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We stayed at the Yacht Club in June this year and there was a dog 2 doors down from us (only first noticed as they had a sign on their door to advise/remind housekeeping that there was a pet inside). There was one morning that the dog barked continuously for c.3 hours, from about 6.30am. I did mention to the front desk as we left for the day as I was concerned that the dog may have wanted water/a wee or something, but I wasn’t best impressed to be woken by a barking dog at that time on my holiday. Though it was only that one morning. We never even saw the dog for our entire 10 night stay!
Old 7 Aug 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’d love to hear experiences from those that stayed during the trial. When we were there during Irma lots of people had been put up in Disney hotels and brought their pets. Apart from the odd dog being walked you wouldn’t have noticed. I’ve never noticed it at RPR so I’d be interested to know if anyone noticed at Disney.
I despise dogs with a passion and they feel the same about me. Genuine anxiety feeling when near a dog and that hated comment "oh, he's a lovely dog and wouldn't harm you". Like telling a bloke with hayfever that pollen does no harm. I'd love to post a lovely picture of my ankle which was bitten by a pooch whilst out for a jog in Clearwater many moons ago - I won't because it's horrible. The most lovely dogs growl when I'm near. Yes - I've heard it before... they're a good judge of character... etc... However...

It really doesn't bother me about dogs at WDW. Stayed many times at RPR and don't remember seeing a dog there. They have a dedicated tower for the dog lovers and that's fine by me. Hopefully WDW would have the same policy? I don't know?

Oddly, the only thing that bothers me, has been mentioned a number of times. Even for someone who gets in cold sweats when in the same vicinity, I'd feel sorry for the dog locked in the room for up to 7 hours during the day. And I'm sure there would be a minority of dog owners who would spoil it for the majority of responsible, loving owners, who would abuse that 7 hour limit and stretch it further...

So I'm in the camp of "I'd rather it didn't happen but so what". Now don't get me started on the upcoming resort parking fees...

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
From what I've read elsewhere there were a lot of complaints received when the trial was first announced but very, very few complaints during the actual trial.

While that's only anecdotal it would suggest that there weren't a lot of problems and Disney could align themselves with other competing hotels by making it permanent.
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Has nothing to do with anything other than to make more profit. Another poor decision.
Old 7 Aug 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

I'm disappointed with the decision to continue with this policy. Add on paying for car parking at the resort and I'm not sure we'll visit POR again after next year which is already booked.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Been woken by a dog barking for 3 hours I would be straight down to reception asking for a full refund and complimentary fast passes
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List