Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jun 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DD has this dark blonde hair, long and very straight. For the last 5 years she has had it coloured a brightish red. Gets lots of compliments and even is asked for the colour reference at times. It is now hard to imagine her without it. (A good change from her student purple colour)
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
My dd had her hair done a couple of times last summer and again earlier this year. As others have said it's quite natural and doesn't need doing too often.

Edited at 04:13 PM.
Orlando 2004 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
FLORIDAMUM3
Excited about Disney

My daughter just had the balayage done last week. She also had naturally blonde hair as a baby which has darkened over the years. The balayage is slightly brassy, that's the only thing. Going to use purple shampoo to try and give it a more ashy look. It's still very nice though!

Edited at 05:27 PM.
FLORIDAMUM3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
My daughter always had blonde hair but as she got older it became darker and darker. Now, at 16 it is a dark, mousy blonde colour.
Personally I love it, I think it’s unusual because most people colour their hair lighter or darker. But she hates it. So...
What do you do with your hair?
Any pictures?
If you colour it, do you suffer with roots showing etc?
Thanks
my niece has hair like you describe, she's always kept it long, hasn't dyed it, but she started having half a dozen glitter strands put in a couple of years ago, it looks really effective and its kind of "is it or isn't it there" sometimes so its really fun too
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
my niece has hair like you describe, she's always kept it long, hasn't dyed it, but she started having half a dozen glitter strands put in a couple of years ago, it looks really effective and its kind of "is it or isn't it there" sometimes so its really fun too
Glitter strands? I have never heard of this. Off to google 😂😂
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
I get t-zone highlights done, as the back of my hair is quite short, so no point in highlighting it. But I've been colouring mousy blonde hair since I was about, oooh, 12? Shaders and toners to start with, and onwards since then. I get a cut and colour every 8 weeks.

I'm going to buck the trend though and say bayalage looks awful, IMO - just looks like your roots are way overdue.

/Mo
Only if it’s done badly.
Done properly it should just look like your hair has been lightened by the sun. Far less upkeep than highlights.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Glitter strands? I have never heard of this. Off to google 😂😂
There are loads of colours but my niece gets silver ones put in.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The upkeep is my worry. She has just landed a part time job at McDonald’s which will work around college but I do t think she will want the expense of the upkeep. But at 16 she doesn’t quite understand that money doesn’t grow on trees lol
In summer it will naturally lighten anyway. May give the purple shampoo a go.
I have seen some blonde shampoo that lightens hair! I assume this is not good for your hair?
Her hair is fine and because she straightens it a lot it’s quite brittle. 😱
Sorry I have just seen this. I have used it previously and not had any issues with my hair but I did find it a bit harsh on my scalp... I think it was the be blonder one I used
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

This is my hair kept naturally with the help of the purple shampoos . It does have alot of natural highlights.

Edited at 11:54 PM.
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I have just found this one out of the sun which may give a better idea