Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Dec 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

It's our pre-travel day tomorrow.

LTFs in the morning - fingers crossed for us!
Having trouble with FlyReady... fingers crossed it works for us tomorrow!

Doesn't feel real at all - think to ignore might be a sleepless one!
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

OMG Oga's Cantina is awesome!

The staff are fantastic, make it such a fun time ("would you like me to take a picture with you and your Youngling at a bar?" she said to the missus)... And then took a selfie with the wife's 'phone (will upload later)...)

Ordered the Rancor Beer flight, missus had a couple of cocktails, I got another beer, Beastie had some non-alcoholic concoctions...

And then "one to go"... So three drinks down, a souvenir beer flight and tusks to take home, and it's not even half ten!

And we've got another ADR for this evening 🤪🤣

Edit... T'other half's barkeep selfie 😁

Edited at 05:36 PM.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 21, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Quartz
Excited about Disney

We are waiting to come back now!

Weather has been amazing as was Space restaurant.

We managed all that we wanted to using the xtra resort hour (stayed at the Dolphin) apart from rock n roller coaster which has been shut since 7:30 yesterday morning.

We did Rise of the Resistance in 2019 and Pandora three times already so didn’t do them but managed all of the others we needed to.

Masks were fine definitely enforced but you got used to it
Quartz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

So pleased that you have had a fantastic time

Edited at 08:38 AM. Reason: Addition
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
We are waiting to come back now!

Weather has been amazing as was Space restaurant.

We managed all that we wanted to using the xtra resort hour (stayed at the Dolphin) apart from rock n roller coaster which has been shut since 7:30 yesterday morning.

We did Rise of the Resistance in 2019 and Pandora three times already so didn’t do them but managed all of the others we needed to.

Masks were fine definitely enforced but you got used to it
Awaiting our flight now. Homeward day is always a bit "meh", but offset a little by MrsMac having a cheeky Business Class bid accepted, so, yay 🙂

Echo the weather sentiments, been a lot warmer than Google told me it would be.

Also, how cool is Space 220?!? Fantastic ambiance and experience, and that filet Mignon was truly sublime.

So many good times this trip. Galaxy's Edge? I could spend so much time there, brilliantly realised and themed. A little limited by the lack of FP+ (Disney could surely learn from Universal on queuing... I mean two morning rides on Hagrid's, seven or eight VelociCoaster (the best 'coaster ever... Front row at night? Oh yeah), broke our Hulk record at eleven (including a hat-trick in fifteen minutes on our RPR checkout day), compared with struggling to get a ride at Disney (though we paid extra for LL on Rise of the Resistance, which is awesome)), but such memories.

Edited at 05:44 PM.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loved reading about all your trips! So glad you got there and had a blast.
Gutted for anyone who didn’t make it. Let’s hope it’s the start of a full return
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Just returned from the most amazing 2 weeks. For those that are about to go, it’s totally worth the stress in my opinion.

We went for 2 weeks and had a Disney cruise booked half way through over Christmas which was amazing.

New Years in MK was my best ever New Year’s Eve, was fantastic.

Only downside is we landed this morning and when we got home I obviously did our PCRs which we are still awaiting the results from but I did test positive on a LFT I do have symptoms which developed mid flight (half way through I was just so hot and felt like fainting, had to put all the air coolers on, at the time just assumed it was a hot plane but I imagine this was covid starting) lucky to get out of the USA before the positive test but I do feel guilty about being on the flight when I was probably infectious - such a weird situation to be in

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We got home this morning after a fantastic week away. Me and DH would go again tomorrow, even with the stress of testing and the additional ‘paperwork’ for Verifly. I wouldn’t go with mom and dad again until that’s relaxed as they were both very stressed about it, despite me having it all under control and explaining it all to them many times.

The weather was amazing, we stocked up on Bath and Body Works, ate some great meals, swam, enjoyed a few theme parks and relaxed. We went to Legoland on NYE and that was much quieter than Disney and totally avoided the i-4 which was pretty much like a car park! The Night of a million lights was a stand out evening.

We did Eurofins drive through PCR tests at Heathrow at 10am this morning. A dibber had said it was hard to find so I used the exact co-ordinates from the website and it took us straight there. It was obviously set up for short term and we got negative results through in 6-hours. Back to work tomorrow.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List