Notices

Old 8 Sep 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Green and Amber lists to be scrapped?

In favour of a system based in the vaccination status of travellers.

So it is claimed here:

telegraph/news/202...ed-next-month/

It's behind a paywall so I can't see what the rest if the article says, perhaps someone can add details?

Nov 2001 - I-Drive ... May 2009 - DL Paris ... Aug 2011 - Pop ... Aug 2013 - SSR ... Aug 2015 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug 2017 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb 2018 - Cabana Bay ... Feb 2019 - Aventura + A/S Sports
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If it's the same article that's been picked up by the metro, all it says is that green and amber could be merged into a single "low risk" category and be treated the same for vaccinated travellers. Which is pretty much exactly as it is now.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Need to scrap tests. Thatís the only way confidence in the travel sector will return.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Need to scrap tests. Thatís the only way confidence in the travel sector will return.
Agreed

Green and Amber is already the same now for vaccinated travellers anyway
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I disagree, I have no issue travelling at the moment. I'd prefer not to have to pay for testing, but I'd probably be less confident in the safety of travel if testing was scrapped rather than more confident.

I think you are confusing confidence with affordability. I'd prefer to pay more and have some level of confidence the person sat next to me probably doesn't have COVID
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
Agreed

Green and Amber is already the same now for vaccinated travellers anyway
Not really, only in so much as the testing regime is the same. The jeopardy of Amber to Red still exists.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Not really, only in so much as the testing regime is the same. The jeopardy of Amber to Red still exists.
But a country can move from Green to Red without warning according to the small print of the 'rules'

I think come October 1st on the next review there needs to be a serious overhaul of this system. It's not fit for purpose.

Testing needs to be streamlined majorly as well. Most European countries don't require a test before flying if fully vaccinated so why are we requiring 2?
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I disagree, I have no issue travelling at the moment. I'd prefer not to have to pay for testing, but I'd probably be less confident in the safety of travel if testing was scrapped rather than more confident.

I think you are confusing confidence with affordability. I'd prefer to pay more and have some level of confidence the person sat next to me probably doesn't have COVID
But you won't have that level of confidence unfortunately as the current system isn't fit for purpose.

Under the current rules I could take a LFT 3 days before, spend my last 2 nights on holiday at a rave, catch COVID and board the plane.
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
But you won't have that level of confidence unfortunately as the current system isn't fit for purpose.

Under the current rules I could take a LFT 3 days before, spend my last 2 nights on holiday at a rave, catch COVID and board the plane.
Exactly. Being goody goody two shoes I didn't leave my house after my test until we set off for Gatwick. One of my daughters in law went out to celebrate her birthday. Not impressed but other than cats bum face I kept my opinion to myself!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

We canít eliminate risk but we can reduce it. I would rather know people sitting near me on the plane have been tested, of course the system isnít perfect, but to me itís better than a free for all.

Do I wish we didnít have to pay hundreds of pounds for tests? Of course I do, but I will pay it for just a bit more peace of mind,knowing that it isnít a perfect solution.
Nanna Frozen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List