Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by alansmed View Post
This will be my last post on the subject as Im getting into argument territory with you but, correct me if I'm wrong, you have no understanding or experience of young children. If so im struggling to think why you would be posting advice and suggestions on a thread about masks on toddlers and young children.
Anyway, your point about teaching them is correct you could teach them and I will try. But saying you shouldn't go if they can't wear a mask... a lot of us have already booked, "I'd like a full refund please my little boy will not wear a face covering" no chance.

I see a lot of people also saying just don't go. A lot of people have already booked and re booked and so can not just simply not go.

We wil try out best to teach ours to comply with a mask, and at Disney its only indoors so for shorter periods of time. But on a 9 hour flight I expect a multiple meltdowns so hopefully none of you are on board my plane
My apologies if you feel like you're arguing with me. Not my intention at all.

There is nothing to argue about as the rules are in place and nothing can be done about it.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Nonsense - utter judgmental rubbish

Kids are not robots. They have their own thoughts, opinions and feelings.
Of course they do but how their parent reacts to those is the key.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Common sense tells me.

“Ladies and Gentlemen we are going to have to turn back to London Gatwick” as little Jonny, aged 2 and half in row 32b sat between his mum and dad is having a tantrum after taking his mask off 2 hrs into the flight”
Alternatively they could just hold you in the airport and send you straight back.
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

I get the impression that some on here just don't want kids on their flights
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
My apologies if you feel like you're arguing with me. Not my intention at all.

There is nothing to argue about as the rules are in place and nothing can be done about it.
The question is...

What will happen when 60 kids on a Virgin Atlantic plane fail to comply with the mask mandate for 7 to 11 hours.

You saying rules are rules doesn't really change the picture
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Alternatively they could just hold you in the airport and send you straight back.
They could... Will they ?

Maybe they will...

I guess we will find out
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
I'll get in the queue with the other 40 families, hopefully they have another plane waiting.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I'll get in the queue with the other 40 families, hopefully they have another plane waiting.
They are going to have to schedule extra planes

Question is... do we have to wear mask on the way home ? and if we don't will the UK send us back to the USA ?
Old 21 Sep 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Also if someone is getting arrested who is it ?

Surely not me ? I am planning on wearing a mask...

And the kid is under the age of legal responsibility...

If there is a choice to be had they can have the kid...

Edited at 02:10 PM.
Old 21 Sep 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
You can't appreciate that people have paid out sums in the region of £4,000 (often pre pandemic and sometimes more if more than just the flights) they can't get a refund on and the issues that create ?

You think its easy to just shrug your shoulders and write off £4,000 + ?
If it meant the toddlers are going to be distressed (and parents stressed) then writing off £4k it would (and should) be. Who wants to upset their little ones for 9 hours on a flight?

But just an opinion!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List