Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fastpassfamily View Post
Hi guys when we went to Florida in august our kids 6 and 4 were told they didn’t need masks on the way to Florida but needed them coming home from Florida. Don’t ask why as I don’t know. The air staff were however quite relaxed about the rules for both flights. Nothing to worry about
Thank you. This thread started off with planes diverting, planes turning around, families being marched off planes prior to take-off, arrests and deportation threats. It got to the point where some people started to worry so much, they thought about cancelling trips. The reality is, just do your best, remain respectful and I think it’ll be absolutely fine.

Edited at 07:10 PM.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
Sunflower lanyard is no longer recognised due to the jokers last year buying them on eBay to avoid wearing on aircraft. A signed doctors letter is now required for mask exemptions on board. (Masks are 'optional' in UK Airports though)
I don't think they're optional in UK airports?

"Face coverings are mandatory for all passengers aged 11 or older. There may be times when we ask you to lower your face covering for security checks and our colleagues will guide you."
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Well Jet2 (first time - never again!) were a joke coming back from Tenerife 2 weeks ago!
Low slung masks in abundance, folks holding onto a cup the whole flight to avoid wearing a mask, not supposed to queue in aisles for loos but queues in aisles galore.
Cabin crew could not care less, in fact one had her nose hanging out of hers herself.
All disappeared after take off to galley to shriek and giggle the whole flight.

Personally, masks don't bother me, and the rule is the rule. Supposedly.

My friend at work simply won't fly as she cannot bear to keep a mask on and she knows it.

For kids it must be very difficult...
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Well Jet2 (first time - never again!) were a joke coming back from Tenerife 2 weeks ago!
Low slung masks in abundance, folks holding onto a cup the whole flight to avoid wearing a mask, not supposed to queue in aisles for loos but queues in aisles galore.
Cabin crew could not care less, in fact one had her nose hanging out of hers herself.
All disappeared after take off to galley to shriek and giggle the whole flight.

Personally, masks don't bother me, and the rule is the rule. Supposedly.

My friend at work simply won't fly as she cannot bear to keep a mask on and she knows it.

For kids it must be very difficult...
I doubt cabin crew get paid enough for all the stress/hassle on top of having to do their normal job & tasks.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Face masks are mandatory in UK airports
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I doubt cabin crew get paid enough for all the stress/hassle on top of having to do their normal job & tasks.
Well they did on the way out.
And the rule is the rule.
Or may as well say, 'Wear one if you like, don't wear one if you don't fancy it'
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Well they did on the way out.
And the rule is the rule.
Or may as well say, 'Wear one if you like, don't wear one if you don't fancy it'
Different crews, different outlooks I guess. There are a lot of rules in life that aren’t strictly enforced and this will end up no doubt as just another one.
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Different crews, different outlooks I guess. There are a lot of rules in life that aren’t strictly enforced and this will end up no doubt as just another one.
Hope not!

Let's hope you get lucky then
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Having scrolled the internet I found this:

businessinsider/airl...ion-2021-2?amp
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Hope not!

Let's hope you get lucky then
I actually think they’ll just become optional from the Spring.