Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Aug 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Calling BA

Been on phone since 8am - still on hold nearly 4 hours later!
Get cut off every 1 hour and 2 minutes so have to recall.

Using a future travel voucher so this is the only way to use it! Trying to get my inbound reward flight (got outbound held for me) Surely must be a better way to use these vouchers!
Old 7 Aug 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I always call late evening wait times are mostly always much shorter
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

My dates are available to book tomorrow and as I want to fly economy out and premium economy back, plus book one night at RPR to make it a deposit only booking I have to ring up. This can’t be done online at all. I feel bad taking up the time of a call handler when there are people needing refunds ahead of me making a brand new booking. Dreading how long it is going to take on hold 😬
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
After 5 hours on hold now being told they are taking no more calls for the well-being of their staff.

Worried I won’t get reward flight now!

When you call up they say if you are canceling or wanting refund you should do it online.

Edited at 01:33 PM.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I've been trying for days to get through to BA holidays, we have a booking with them next week (not Florida) which we needed to tweek slightly, can't get through at all, even though the message asks that people travelling beyond 8 weeks to call back at a later date. Managed to speak to them over twitter but that was pointless as the price doubled within the time frame from trying to get through to them replying to my tweet! They need to have a look at their IT systems so that people can make these changes online, criticize Virgin, but least you have whatsapp aswell as being able to move things online!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024

Edited at 01:40 PM.
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

I had a similar problem as for some reason I had a mixture of e-voucher which I could use to book online and a future travel voucher which I could not.

I rang 0344 493 0762 which is based in the North East of England and the BA guy I spoke to just cancelled both the e-voucher and future travel voucher and reissued a e-voucher for the total amount which I was able to use to book next year's flight online.
Old 7 Aug 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I used ba chat this morning, took 35 minutes to get to front of queue, they re done my cancelled flights for me, not sure if this is an option for ba holidays?

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
I used ba chat this morning, took 35 minutes to get to front of queue, they re done my cancelled flights for me, not sure if this is an option for ba holidays?
I've tried without success getting thru to the BA holiday team via the chat. Always seem to be busy or queue is full. The number just cuts me off. Will need to try later in the evening but yeah a bit frustrating when you have issues with the booking.
Wolf1984 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jarralisa
Helping Minnie

In regards to the original question. Certain phone providers cut you off after an hour, Do you have another phone you can use?
jarralisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
I’m using my landline as my mobile charge was awful when I booked the outbound flight!

Still not got through - 7 and a half hours later!

Edited at 03:39 PM.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List