Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Aug 21, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Any dermatologists or GP’s? I’m terrified

As many of you know my Mum passed away a couple of days ago from vaginal cancer. I have just found out that this cancer is classed as a type of skin cancer.

I have a cluster of spots on my chest that won’t go away and a spot on the top of my leg, both I’ve had for a couple of years, they are small so I’ve thought nothing of it. The spots in my chest are itchy and sore sometimes, the one on my leg is itchy sometimes but scabs over, opens up then scabs over again. I didn’t think anything of them because they are so small until there was a programme on tv yesterday where a woman had something similar and it turned out to be a form of skin cancer.

I’m terrified I’ve got skin cancer, I phoned the GP yesterday afternoon who just told me I needed to call back on Monday morning, despite me telling her how scared I was and why. Please can anyone help me, I’m so scared and going out of my mind with worry now. I’ve attached a couple of photos of my leg and one of my chest.

Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Just wanted to say, hopefully they will turn out to be nothing sinister. My DH is also waiting on call back from dermatologist after appt with GP last week told him he has what looks like a cancerous lump on side of his nose. Such a worry especially in these times where it seems impossible to get any medical input quickly. Expecting dermy appt soon. X
Old 14 Aug 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Just wanted to say, hopefully they will turn out to be nothing sinister. My DH is also waiting on call back from dermatologist after appt with GP last week told him he has what looks like a cancerous lump on side of his nose. Such a worry especially in these times where it seems impossible to get any medical input quickly. Expecting dermy appt soon. X
Thank you for replying. I know I’m probably overthinking things, I’ve been Googling aswell which is never good. I’m obviously not in a great headspace at the moment anyway because of my mum. Because the spots are so small I just didn’t think anything of them, I just thought it was skin changes because I was getting older (which it may be) but then after the programme on tv yesterday it’s just put the absolute fear of god into me. Monday morning can’t come quickly enough so that I can at least speak to a dr.
Good luck with your DH’s appointment 🤞 its nothing sinister.

Edited at 08:05 AM.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

How hard for you when you have already experienced the loss of your Mum. I hope everything goes well on Monday. Where we live we have an out of hours doctors service and we can get a doctors appointment over the weekend although it is likely that it will not be a doctor from my surgery. Is it worth ringing 111 to see if there is anything similar where you live. Best of luck
Old 14 Aug 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have loads of these patches and saw a dermatologist a couple of years ago. She told me what they were called but I can't remember, sorry, but she said they were harmless. Mine are sort of slightly raised and a darker colour and if I scratch them they go flaky. Hopefully this is what you have and not anything more sinister.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
I have loads of these patches and saw a dermatologist a couple of years ago. She told me what they were called but I can't remember, sorry, but she said they were harmless. Mine are sort of slightly raised and a darker colour and if I scratch them they go flaky. Hopefully this is what you have and not anything more sinister.
I also have had this. I have 2 on my leg and the doctor said they were nothing to worry about. But I've forgotten the name too. I've had mine for years.

OP, I am sure they will be ok but you just need telling that by someone who knows

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

I'm sorry for your loss. After my mum passed away, I went through medical anxiety. It was hard not to google everything.

I would suggest maybe seeing a pharmacist first and getting their opinion. Then they can suggest if it needs a GP visit. I'm sure its nothing, but it enver hurts to get your mind put at ease ❤
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Thank you so much for replying, it has put my mind at ease a little as I was making myself sick with worry. I think the spots on my chest may be a form of eczema, I have had eczema before and when I shower I get more red patches on my stomach and upper chest too. I’ve put some e45 cream on and will see if I can get some hydrocortisone to see if that helps over the weekend.
I think I’ve just worked myself up because of everything else going on, I know I still haven’t processed Mum passing away yet and that’s affecting me too.
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
I'm sorry for your loss. After my mum passed away, I went through medical anxiety. It was hard not to google everything.

I would suggest maybe seeing a pharmacist first and getting their opinion. Then they can suggest if it needs a GP visit. I'm sure its nothing, but it enver hurts to get your mind put at ease ❤
I also suffered medical anxiety after my dad passed away. I would try really hard to think rationally and calm yourself, chances are it’s nothing sinister and worrying will only make you ill.

I’m sorry you are going through a hard time losing your mum ❤️
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
I also suffered medical anxiety after my dad passed away. I would try really hard to think rationally and calm yourself, chances are it’s nothing sinister and worrying will only make you ill.

I’m sorry you are going through a hard time losing your mum ❤️
I'm ok now, thank you. I was diagnosed with PTSD and had therapy. Ive been good for a few years now. But it was a difficult time xx