Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jul 11, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyforever
Imagineer

Special moments in Disney?

I was just wondering how many Dibbers have had a SPECIAL MOMENT in Disney? This could be anything from Family of the Day to a marshmallow lollipop...

I have has the pleasure of 2 rides without queuing up, one was Toy story Mainia, free milkshakes and marshmallow lollipops...

So what are your Special Moments... ?

Can't wait to hear them :pop:
2013 March Boston. 2012/2014/2015 Saratoga Springs
2014 March NYC. Vegas 2015, Disneyland 2016&18 Saratoga 17,18 Coronado Springs 19,20
disneyforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I was given 2 free ice creams from one of the stalls - the cm said they were an anniversary gift from Mickey - small thing but it made my day!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyforever
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
I was given 2 free ice creams from one of the stalls - the cm said they were an anniversary gift from Mickey - small thing but it made my day!
Cool, it' s the small things that count! Thanks for sharing
2014 March NYC. Vegas 2015, Disneyland 2016&18 Saratoga 17,18 Coronado Springs 19,20
disneyforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

I have two that spring to mind:

The first is in my trip report and involved my then 2 year old DD - here's an excerpt:

While we were sitting, I noticed someone approaching us...clutching a guitar and strapped up to a microphone. First thoughts were...oh no, he’s going to talk to us...and no doubt embarrass us! DH and I looked at each other, and looked around for an escape route...but none opened up...so we resigned ourselves to smiling at the man, who took a seat in front of us. As it happened, a very sweet moment was about to unfold. He sat down in front of Jemima and started talking to her; luckily she was in chatty mode, so responded! After an exchange of hellos and names, he held out his fist and said ‘What is in my hand? Is it a candy, a rock, or a zebra?’. We repeated the question again to Jemima slowly so she would definitely understand, and emphasising the word ‘Candy’ – well...we didn’t want her to miss out. Jemima gave us her usual look of disdain and then smiled at the man and proceeded to say, ‘aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa’ (she likes to build up the suspense) ‘ZEBRA’. DH and I shot each other a look that said, Oh well! The guitar man drew in his breath in a shocked way...and slowly opened his hand...and, well would you believe it, there was a zebra in his hand after all. lol! Jemima treasures this zebra..DH and I spent the rest of the day on tenterhooks as she would not let us put it safely away for safekeeping...luckily it has made it home to England and now has pride of place on her shelf!

The second, this year, was being asked out by Buzz Lightyear - yes really lol!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 11, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

My DD was given a free ice cream from a stall in MK as it was her birthday (she was wearing her birthday badge)
Old 10 Jul 11, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyforever
Imagineer

How cool Alison, that was a special moment. thanks for sharing x
Old 10 Jul 11, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
I have two that spring to mind:

The first is in my trip report and involved my then 2 year old DD - here's an excerpt:

While we were sitting, I noticed someone approaching us...clutching a guitar and strapped up to a microphone. First thoughts were...oh no, he’s going to talk to us...and no doubt embarrass us! DH and I looked at each other, and looked around for an escape route...but none opened up...so we resigned ourselves to smiling at the man, who took a seat in front of us. As it happened, a very sweet moment was about to unfold. He sat down in front of Jemima and started talking to her; luckily she was in chatty mode, so responded! After an exchange of hellos and names, he held out his fist and said ‘What is in my hand? Is it a candy, a rock, or a zebra?’. We repeated the question again to Jemima slowly so she would definitely understand, and emphasising the word ‘Candy’ – well...we didn’t want her to miss out. Jemima gave us her usual look of disdain and then smiled at the man and proceeded to say, ‘aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa’ (she likes to build up the suspense) ‘ZEBRA’. DH and I shot each other a look that said, Oh well! The guitar man drew in his breath in a shocked way...and slowly opened his hand...and, well would you believe it, there was a zebra in his hand after all. lol! Jemima treasures this zebra..DH and I spent the rest of the day on tenterhooks as she would not let us put it safely away for safekeeping...luckily it has made it home to England and now has pride of place on her shelf!

The second, this year, was being asked out by Buzz Lightyear - yes really lol!
What a wonderful moment
Old 10 Jul 11, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyforever
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunkisser View Post
My DD was given a free ice cream from a stall in MK as it was her birthday (she was wearing her birthday badge)
Nice on a hot day! Thanks for sharing x
Old 10 Jul 11, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Beagler
Apprentice Imagineer

Some lovely special moments - sometimes it is just the little things that make something so special.
I think we've had two The first one was on our first trip and the CM collecting the fastpast tickets at Splash heard me telling DD we wouldn't be going on Slash because the boys had voted for Big Thunder and DH was getting fastpasses for that - he promptly handed me 5 FPs for Splash. Was very pleasantly shocked, lol.
Second one was last year when DH was one of the "chosen ones" at Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - the look on the kids' faces when they saw their dad on the big screen was very special indeed.
Old 10 Jul 11, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyforever
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
Some lovely special moments - sometimes it is just the little things that make something so special.
I think we've had two The first one was on our first trip and the CM collecting the fastpast tickets at Splash heard me telling DD we wouldn't be going on Slash because the boys had voted for Big Thunder and DH was getting fastpasses for that - he promptly handed me 5 FPs for Splash. Was very pleasantly shocked, lol.
Second one was last year when DH was one of the "chosen ones" at Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - the look on the kids' faces when they saw their dad on the big screen was very special indeed.
Lol I love it in Monsters Inc when they just show your face on the big screen... thanks for sharing
Closed Thread