Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Feb 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Opinions on All Stars Sports

Myself and my partner (mid 30s) were not planning to go back this year, but I was suffering the Disney blues so thought I would take a quick look... All Star Sports seems really cheap in September (4 nights free on a 14 night stay!). We have stayed at POFQ twice and Pop once before. My partner loves POFQ but it is too expensive for us this year.

Anyone stayed at Sports and got any opinions for us? We would almost definitely hire a car and eat offsite quite a bit and could drive to the parks so transport isn't a big consideration. I think it may be going through room updates about the time we are there but that doesn't bother me really, I have stayed at POFQ and Pop during room updating and heard no noise.

Thanks in advance
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Rooms are the same size as Pop. If they haven't been refurbed by the time you go they'll feel more dated but they're perfectly functional.

I've only stayed at All Star Music but I really enjoyed my stay there. I only use my room as a base on my trips and it was clean and comfortable. There's also a McDonalds right next to the resort if you're looking for cheaper-than-Disney food.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
Rooms are the same size as Pop. If they haven't been refurbed by the time you go they'll feel more dated but they're perfectly functional.

I've only stayed at All Star Music but I really enjoyed my stay there. I only use my room as a base on my trips and it was clean and comfortable. There's also a McDonalds right next to the resort if you're looking for cheaper-than-Disney food.
Thanks We don't tend to spend a lot of time in the room, although my partner would prefer a more chilled out and less in your face atmosphere, but I figure if he coped at Pop he could cope at Sports!

Dated doesn't bother me really, as long as they are clean and comfortable. Although, refurbed would obviously be nicer!

Dangerous information about the McDonalds... I have a slight addiction to their strawberry milkshakes and cookies!
Wismgari is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I stayed there in 2017 (I’m also in my 30’s). I really liked it, didn’t find it too busy or loud either. I only had a standard room so was in the tennis area but less than 5 mins walk to everything.
Found the food court to be decent for a value resort too. I’d definitely stay there again.
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LozSteelers View Post
I stayed there in 2017 (I’m also in my 30’s). I really liked it, didn’t find it too busy or loud either. I only had a standard room so was in the tennis area but less than 5 mins walk to everything.
Found the food court to be decent for a value resort too. I’d definitely stay there again.
We were in tennis too, in 2015. Really liked it, everything close by, great pizza from the quick service too
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

we stayed there a couple of years ago on a cheapie. The all stars are absolutely fine, comfortable and clean. I actually think my favourite is sports.
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LozSteelers View Post
Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
We were in tennis too, in 2015. Really liked it, everything close by, great pizza from the quick service too
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
we stayed there a couple of years ago on a cheapie. The all stars are absolutely fine, comfortable and clean. I actually think my favourite is sports.
Thanks all It seem fine for us so hopefully we will now book! Appreciate all of the thoughts
Old 15 Feb 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed there a couple of years ago. We loved it! Wouldn’t hesitate to stop again.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

I have booked for early Sept on the US site and found all star movies to be cheaper for our dates. The movies rooms will hopefully all be refurbed by then so the rooms will be the same (give or take a decorative touch) as those at Pop, all for under $100 per night. Was very happy with the price.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Obviously in an ideal world we’d all get to stay at the deluxe resorts, or even a moderate.

But my Disney holidays are always on a budget and I’d rather spend that budget on things like good food and merch for memories rather than a ‘nicer hotel’.

All Stars is still typically Disney in the service you received. It’s a bit cheesy and tacky/bright but that doesn’t bother me. The food options is typical quick service Disney and does the job it’s there for.

Beds are super comfy still I’ve found, if a bit smaller than a moderate or deluxe hotel bed.

I literally will only ever use my hotel room as a base camp anyway to shower and sleep. And it does that job very well.

The advantage Sports has over the others is that the bus drops off there first, and picks up first. That’s only when the all star buses are shared between each other which hasn’t happened much in my experience. All star is also very close to DAK for that Pandora rope drop...albeit it’s obviously much further away from all the other parks but that’s okay. I enjoy a scenic drive.

This will be my 3rd time at All Star Sports and I honestly wouldn’t stay elsewhere unless I came into a massive amount of money.