Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Aug 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

It's funny I was having a go at myself for not being up with the lark this trip!

We got here on Tuesday and yesterday,the plan was volcano bay. Everyone was fast asleep at 6.45 so I left them to it and relaxed, taking in a Netflix series I've been desperate to watch but can't get in the UK We left the room at 10:00 did the outlets,came back, sons went to the pool and myself and DD had a nap. Then at 6 we went to city walk, Bob Marley's restaurant and did universal did closing. But you know what? I actually felt so appreciative of everything and was just taking in the atmosphere and we all looked so happy.

We've been to Orlando about 15 times although my 9 year old 4 times and it really feels like this trip, although extremely low key, it's the small matter of not being in routine and stressing, we're appreciating and although I do question this, my attitude is we have a two week pass for universal and 2 nights in Miami next week. When we get back to the UK myself and youngest are back to work/school the day after we land DD back to uni 3 days later and DS will be starting uni. Right now is our time,so if we want to drift where ever the day may take us,so be it

But I do want to try for volcano bay this morning,lol. It's right outside our window

Edited at 10:58 AM.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post

The first week we (my daughter and I) are up and about earlier and leave the room around 9.00am but by the second week, we don't leave the room until around 11.00am.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

when we did the drop rope for MK (when there was a proper fun drop rope) we got up about 6am and got to the parking lot by about 7.15am
(had a great choice of parking places in the woody lot (cast members parking)

also got told off for running for the ferry too
got thru security and turnstiles with 10 mins to spare
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The first morning can be anything from 4am to 6am depending on what time we arrived the night before. It gradually gets later as the holiday goes on but usually no later than 8am. I hate waking before 7am at home but on holiday I love it if I wake naturally around 6ish so I can get up and get started. Today I'm off work and still faffing about getting dressed. If that was on holiday I'd be having major anxiety about wasting the day! We have a few EMH days planned and I'll set an alarm rather than waste them. We're only there for 2 weeks so I can cope with early rising. I prefer that to sleeping all morning and staying out late.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
rachael1991
Helping Minnie

rachael1991's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
5am, every morning. My body clock never adjusted so I was technically having a lie-in!

But because I was up so early and OH was still zonked I would walk around the resort, it was quite peaceful and no one around
WDW Honeymoon... 2021?
rachael1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tarik
Excited about Disney

First fews days im up at 5am, and then I adjust slight to about 6/630. Wife and kids are fine and sleep normal.
tarik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I usually go in Nov so it's quite dark even at 7am when dawn has arrived.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 04:37 AM  
Link to this Post
traeth
Getting Excited

Mobile

When it was just me and DH it was 6.30 until 11-12am most days. Now with kids we plan carefully and spread out later nights & then parks we can go to for a later start. We are only a 2 minute drive from world drive which is another advantage so can have a bit longer in bed. Get take away bagels too and eat on the way in the car & kids eat cereal in room. always try to be there early for for drop too as get so much done.
traeth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd be having kitten getting up so late, I'm always awake early so find myself waking up extra early on holiday(I was ready to leave the room at 3.30am in NYC last year our first day)for orlando we are generally ready to leave room by 7am so usually up between 5-6am x
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by scarling10 View Post
For the average 2 weeks in Orlando I get up at around 6/6:30 most days. Half an hour to get ready, out by 7. Go get breakfast so we're done by 8 then head to the parks for opening.

This is the average day. Sometimes it's a little later, but I never sleep past 7:30 and If i've ever needed to [like I will for my coming trip with Flight of Passage and Volcano Bay] I will be at the park entrance a good hour in advance to get on a new attraction to beat the queues.

Call me eager, but I just love the place, even after a late 2am finish at Horror Nights i'll be up by 7 ready to go again. It's a manic 2 weeks but worth every second.
This is exactly us!
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List