Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Dec 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I am fed up! I ordered three items from Smyth's and they have put them in one big box which is too big for normal Hermes delivery so they are using a special delivery. That's as far as the information goes!
The parcel I took in for "her over the road" is still sitting in my hallway. None of my other neighbours will take anything in for her as she is rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. She's very silly this is a lovely friendly little road but I suppose there's always one isn't there?
I take in parcels for about 9 houses in the Cul de Sac. But I always refuse any for the 'Parking Witch' opposite.

She is weird to all of us so nobody will accept her stuff.

If any parcel of mine ends up there (never has) I wouldn't collect it and would ask for a new one.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post

This is the message I received from the online clothing store who had also contacted RM, confirming it had gone to the wrong address. The top still hasn’t been returned to me so we will see what happens in the next couple of days.
To be fair, that message doesn't actually confirm it's gone to the wrong address; the wording is that "it does look as though this has gone to a different address".
Sounds like a generic assumption whilst they try to work out why it hasn't arrived with you.

Edited at 10:11 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I take in parcels for about 9 houses in the Cul de Sac. But I always refuse any for the 'Parking Witch' opposite.

She is weird to all of us so nobody will accept her stuff.

If any parcel of mine ends up there (never has) I wouldn't collect it and would ask for a new one.
She posted a note on my car about my parking (which is actually pretty good) but the car I parked up to moved and a smaller one took its place so I looked bad! I know it was her but she doesn't know I know!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It says royal mail tracked 24 on the tracker... I should also add that the signature is also making me suspicious that it was intentionally fraudulently signed for...my last name is Hill and it’s literally a squiggle with an H but nothing else

Seriously , most people’s signature on those look like that . Tried, judged and convicted on a hour’s delay . I do think you might be jumpin* the gun a bit.
Whilst your thoughts might be what happened, are possible, what is far more likely is someone else signed for it without even looking properly, after all you are hardly the only person to be expecting multiple parcels at the moment. Not everyone sits at home all day either or even knows what their partner and spouse has taken in (even more so this time of year when parcels are often hidden away).
My neighbours are fab , we take each other’s parcels but although sometimes we take them to the neighbour the norm is you pick up your own parcels so maybe a neighbour is moaning about you not having picked up your parcel yet.
People are generally good so I’d not be damning the whole of mankind yet, after less than an hour People are allowed to go out so not getting an answer after knocking at a neighbour’s doesn’t mean they “have no morals” it means they are out.

My thankfully now ex neighbour used to order three enormous boxes of stuff from Disney every Black Friday for Christmas , would take a week to collect them even with prompting and they were so big they were a complete pain. The last time, her idea of collecting them was to get my husband to carry them all when he offered to help her with them . After that I just said no to any of her deliveries.

As for the topi hope you reordered it, as they said returns are free if it shows up and if it doesn’t you can also claim a refund for non delivery.

Edited at 10:48 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

The top still hasn’t been returned to me and it’s been over 24 hours now so it does actually look as though someone has deliberately kept it.
And yes I have re-ordered it after confirming I would get a refund for the non delivery.
And if you read one of my comments you can see that this isn’t the first time that something like this has happened.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I am still having delivery woes!
With JD sport.
Hermes emailed you say my parcel was delivered and signed for on Friday. I was in all day and no parcels arrived. The signature is not mine. I have checked with neighbours and area outside my house (even though I never gave permission for it to be left in a safe place)
I contacted JD on Friday and Saturday and Monday (I am not very patient) they emailed me today with a form that needs printing off, signing and returning to them to get the investigation underway. I do t face a printer so I emailed back to say I was u happy with this, I don’t have a printer etc etc
They emailed back to say that they will post the form out, I need to fill it in with all the details that I have already given them via email, and return it. They will then investigate.
In the mean time I am missing an order that I have paid for. I am not happy with their customer service at all.
I have no idea on my legal rights?
I placed an order in good faith, not received my order and they won’t send a replacement or refund until it has been fully investigated!?!?!?
Any advice?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I am still having delivery woes!
With JD sport.
Hermes emailed you say my parcel was delivered and signed for on Friday. I was in all day and no parcels arrived. The signature is not mine. I have checked with neighbours and area outside my house (even though I never gave permission for it to be left in a safe place)
I contacted JD on Friday and Saturday and Monday (I am not very patient) they emailed me today with a form that needs printing off, signing and returning to them to get the investigation underway. I do t face a printer so I emailed back to say I was u happy with this, I don’t have a printer etc etc
They emailed back to say that they will post the form out, I need to fill it in with all the details that I have already given them via email, and return it. They will then investigate.
In the mean time I am missing an order that I have paid for. I am not happy with their customer service at all.
I have no idea on my legal rights?
I placed an order in good faith, not received my order and they won’t send a replacement or refund until it has been fully investigated!?!?!?
Any advice?
This is the same as what Coast have told me! This does seem a very long winded way of starting an investigation though! Have they said how long it may take to be completed?
I’ve just re-ordered the top now to be honest but it does seem like this is the normal procedure! Infuriating when you obviously need the items you’ve ordered and don’t get them through no fault of your own!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Christmas brings it all out ,doesn’t it!
I’m having issues with rude Amazon temps at the moment..
One came today as I was just getting my coat on so I saw him through the door . Was stood there with music blaring from his phone like a teen boy and then turned around and walked off with my parcel , didn’t ring the doorbell or anything so o opened the door and he says “ oh, is this you ?” I said “yes.. you didn’t even ring the bell” so he ignores me and shoves the parcel at me so I say thanks and go to shut the door and he shouts “wait!” While looking at his phone then goes “oh no it’s fine ,you can go..” and walks off ..
cheeky bleep! That’s after already having one give me a mouthful because their amazon maps doesn’t tell them the right directions , I’m sorry my postcode can’t be changed to suit you better ..😡
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

This is the same as what Coast have told me! This does seem a very long winded way of starting an investigation though! Have they said how long it may take to be completed?
I’ve just re-ordered the top now to be honest but it does seem like this is the normal procedure! Infuriating when you obviously need the items you’ve ordered and don’t get them through no fault of your own!
The form says up to 10 days to start the investigation. I don’t want to re order because they use Hermes and I am not risking it again. It’s £85 that I am out of pocket and I think it’s dreadful customer service.
£85 is a lot of money to be out of pocket at Christmas time
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
The form says up to 10 days to start the investigation. I don’t want to re order because they use Hermes and I am not risking it again. It’s £85 that I am out of pocket and I think it’s dreadful customer service.
£85 is a lot of money to be out of pocket at Christmas time
I tried to order a similar top from somewhere else that offers DPD delivery (our delivery driver with DPD is great!) but they didn’t have my size! I’m praying it actually gets delivered tomorrow.
Luckily my top wasn’t quite as much as £85 but it is frustrating to be out of pocket, through no fault of your own so close to Xmas...and annoying to think someone, somewhere has your stuff!