Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 May 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kanes
Excited about Disney

Thomas Cook PE OLCI & In-flight Meals

Travelling Thomas Cook PE, seats reserved still the same at present. I've got a couple of questions:

1. Is online check in essential, or can we just check in on the morning?

2. In flight meals, do I need to select online a meal selection, or is this just for those with special dietary requirements?

3. Kids meals, do I need to pre-book them or would they automatically get them, being age 8 and 11?

Thanks

AOA & DIBB Villa May/June 2017
Veranda Palms May/June 2014
Bella Vida Resort April 2010
kanes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kanes View Post
Travelling Thomas Cook PE, seats reserved still the same at present. I've got a couple of questions:

1. Is online check in essential, or can we just check in on the morning?

We did twilight check in, was a breeze, but you would get priority check in on the day too so no need to do online.

2. In flight meals, do I need to select online a meal selection, or is this just for those with special dietary requirements?

No need to select online, unless as you say you need veg or gluten free etc. Food was fab.

3. Kids meals, do I need to pre-book them or would they automatically get them, being age 8 and 11?

They should automatically get kids meal, but would phone up to book in advance to be sure

Thanks
We did twilight check in, was a breeze, but you would get priority check in on the day too so no need to do online.

No need to select online, unless as you say you need veg or gluten free etc. Food was fab.

They should automatically get kids meal, but would phone up to book in advance to be sure

We loved PE with thomas cook, plane was new, comfortable and staff very good.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 11:00 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

We didn't get a kids meal in premium was just offered the sausage and mash the economy passengers was getting or what was offered for adults in premium on the way back the choice was beef or chicken,I had the chicken nd was awful
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by pluto99 View Post
We didn't get a kids meal in premium was just offered the sausage and mash the economy passengers was getting or what was offered for adults in premium on the way back the choice was beef or chicken,I had the chicken nd was awful
I think the meals on the way back are always poor. The food on the way out is much better

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Claret1882
Proud to wear my Ears

You can also use the Sundown check-in the day before with Premium if that is an option for you. I agree with Loopylooloo and would check they are down for child meals as this can depend on how/who made the booking for you. Inbound meals have to be uplifted in the US unlike all other flights so are not of the same quality as the James Martin meals in my opinion.
Claret1882 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

There was a few kids in premium and all got offered the same choices going out was chicken wrapped in Parma ham or a beef curry type thing or sausage and mash coming was a simple choice beef or chicken
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Claret1882
Proud to wear my Ears

All depends how it is booked. If the meal is down as a child meal they would have chicken nuggets instead of the adult meals according the Thomas Cook website.
Claret1882 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

When we went PE last year my boys were given then kids meal, but I had booked these in advance
Old 5 May 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kanes
Excited about Disney

Thanks all, that's great.

May do sundown check in night before. Help build up the excitement for the next day.

AOA & DIBB Villa May/June 2017
Veranda Palms May/June 2014
Bella Vida Resort April 2010
kanes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List