Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jennaba
Excited about Disney

Mobile Which accom

Looking to book when the Disney dining plan for 2019 comes out. I'm just nosing now for next year for an idea..

I've been going for years and always mainly stayed offsite and never done the dining plan before..

So can anyone recommend where to stay? It will be me, dh, ds1 who will be 5 and ds2 who will be 2.. we are looking for the moderate dining plan..

Are these any resort that have apartment style rooms with a living room and kitchen separate to bedrooms?

Many thanks
jennaba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 17, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you want an apartment style room, you'd need to look at the deluxe villa (DVC) category. The most affordable of these are Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. Depending on your budget, I'd recommend either the 1 bed at OKW (as it can sleep 5 - SSR is 4 in the 1 bed category) or the 2 bed at either property.

But these are deluxe so come with the regular, not moderate (QS) dining plan. For QS, I'd recommend looking at the Port Orleans Riverside (POR) hotel. It has a child's murphy bed so will sleep 5 in a room, no separate living room though.

ETA: Just realised I misread your post and that you are a family of 4 rather than 5. POFQ is another good option in the moderate category, and is the same price as POR. You could also consider the studios at either DVC property, although you wouldn't get the separate living space.

Edited at 07:46 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

And here is 2018 pricing to give you an idea of the different resort levels. This is for a random date in August, prices will fluctuate through the year...

A single room at POR is around £1500/week. For OKW/SSR, a studio is about £1800, a 1 bed is £2600/week and the 2 beds are £3700/week. That does not include tickets, which are required to purchase as a package with the hotel room to get the free dining plan - £399 per adult and £379 per child. I think the 2 year old would be free, as I believe it's only over 3 that requires tickets.

As I noted in the previous post, OKW/SSR come with the regular dining plan. If you wanted to upgrade POR to the same plan, it would be about £240/week. If you want to do character dining or any other table service meals, it can often be more cost effective for families to upgrade the dining plan (or to a DVC studio) than to pay OOP for those.

You can also stay at a value resort and upgrade the dining plan, you don't have to stay at a moderate resort if the only reason you would choose it is for the dining plan. A week at Pop is around £1000 (plus tickets) and it would cost about £415 to upgrade to QSDP or £630 to DDP. The All Stars would be cheaper again, at about £800/week plus tickets and dining.

Note: The studio price quoted above is for July, as I couldn't find availability in August. But the pricing on other resorts is the same as August so it should be a fair comparison.

Edited at 07:57 PM.
Old 19 Oct 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jennaba
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you so much for all that information, I really appreciate it. I didn't think about the character dining etc. Maybe worth us doing the Ddp to do them then? xxx
jennaba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
And here is 2018 pricing to give you an idea of the different resort levels. This is for a random date in August, prices will fluctuate through the year...

A single room at POR is around £1500/week. For OKW/SSR, a studio is about £1800, a 1 bed is £2600/week and the 2 beds are £3700/week. That does not include tickets, which are required to purchase as a package with the hotel room to get the free dining plan - £399 per adult and £379 per child. I think the 2 year old would be free, as I believe it's only over 3 that requires tickets.

As I noted in the previous post, OKW/SSR come with the regular dining plan. If you wanted to upgrade POR to the same plan, it would be about £240/week. If you want to do character dining or any other table service meals, it can often be more cost effective for families to upgrade the dining plan (or to a DVC studio) than to pay OOP for those.

You can also stay at a value resort and upgrade the dining plan, you don't have to stay at a moderate resort if the only reason you would choose it is for the dining plan. A week at Pop is around £1000 (plus tickets) and it would cost about £415 to upgrade to QSDP or £630 to DDP. The All Stars would be cheaper again, at about £800/week plus tickets and dining.

Note: The studio price quoted above is for July, as I couldn't find availability in August. But the pricing on other resorts is the same as August so it should be a fair comparison.
Hi Loldis I've just seen your post and the figure of £415 to upgrade to upgrade to QSDP if staying at Pop. Could I ask, is that per adult and if so, could I ask where I can find this figure please. I've been quoted £688 to upgrade but was originally quoted £492. Thanks ever so much 😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Hi Loldis I've just seen your post and the figure of £415 to upgrade to upgrade to QSDP if staying at Pop. Could I ask, is that per adult and if so, could I ask where I can find this figure please. I've been quoted £688 to upgrade but was originally quoted £492. Thanks ever so much 😊.
This was on WDTC for 2 adults and 1 child. The cost should always be the cash difference between plans.

Breakfast: £11.99 per adult, £4.99 per child, per night
QSDP: £35.99 per adult, £15.99 per child, per night
DDP: £49.99 per adult, £18.99 per child, per night

So to upgrade from breakfast to QS is £24 per night per adult, £11 per child. To upgrade again to DDP would add an extra £14 per adult or £3 per child per night.

Edited at 06:32 PM.
Old 20 Oct 17, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
This was on WDTC for 2 adults and 1 child. The cost should always be the cash difference between plans.

Breakfast: £11.99 per adult, £4.99 per child, per night
QSDP: £35.99 per adult, £15.99 per child, per night
DDP: £49.99 per adult, £18.99 per child, per night

So to upgrade from breakfast to QS is £24 per night per adult, £11 per child. To upgrade again to DDP would add an extra £14 per adult or £3 per child per night.
Hi there

Thanks ever so much for that, much appreciated 😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List