Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would much rather be in Florida than at home.
The vaccinations won't be a problem as the baby would have had the first round at 6 weeks. I agree it will be easier if breastfeeding as no need to worry about taking formula or making bottles etc
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

I forgot to say, a lot will also depend on how the birth goes...my first birth was easy peasy (well it stung a bit lol) and I was on my feet 15 minutes later. My second birth last year was the complete opposite - surgery, complications, re-admission to hospital, infections. It took me well over 2 months before I was back to normal and no way i'd have been able to do a holiday with lots of walking after 10 weeks. Make sure you have good travel insurance that covers pregnancy and any complications that may arise after that in case you can't go.
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Eloise73 View Post
I forgot to say, a lot will also depend on how the birth goes...my first birth was easy peasy (well it stung a bit lol) and I was on my feet 15 minutes later. My second birth last year was the complete opposite - surgery, complications, re-admission to hospital, infections. It took me well over 2 months before I was back to normal and no way i'd have been able to do a holiday with lots of walking after 10 weeks. Make sure you have good travel insurance that covers pregnancy and any complications that may arise after that in case you can't go.
This, 100%. I would not have been up to a long haul holiday when my DD was 10 ten weeks following a horrendous birth. I had a planned c section with my DS and felt great afterwards. Every birth is different and you don’t know who you’re going to be.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did Spain at 9 weeks, own villa so just like being at home other than the sun!

Flight was easy (I know not a comparable to 9 hrs) I fact much easier than at 4 years old
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

Definately easy taking a baby on holiday. Not so sure about quite so young, as others have said hold off until baby arrives. I've had 3 very different births and 3 very different babies. After ds no way would I of boarded a plane so soon. C section, infection, miserable baby, sleepless nights, hormones. Dds however I wouldn't of hesitated. Also baby may arrive late, so maybe even younger. I wouldn't fly without vaccinations either.
Last time we were in mk the was a lady with a little girl and a newborn in the queue to meet the frozen characters it was about 70min queue. After about 10 mins the baby started crying, the poor lady was getting more and more hot and bothered as she couldn't stop the baby crying, I think it was feeding time, the little girl obviously didn't want to leave the queue. My heart went out to her, especially the judgemental queue tutting and huffing at her.
Old 18 Jun 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by xcited View Post
Last time we were in mk the was a lady with a little girl and a newborn in the queue to meet the frozen characters it was about 70min queue. After about 10 mins the baby started crying, the poor lady was getting more and more hot and bothered as she couldn't stop the baby crying, I think it was feeding time, the little girl obviously didn't want to leave the queue. My heart went out to her, especially the judgemental queue tutting and huffing at her.
I think that’s a great example of why planning and being aware of the baby’s needs are so important. Travelling with a baby means being prepared to feed them if you join a long queue. I believe you can get insulted bags for bottles, and a breastfed baby can be fed anywhere.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Getting Excited

Mobile

We took my son to California when he was 12 weeks old. 11.5 hours flight and an hour in the tarmac but was so easy as he either slept or fed. Wasn’t a peep out of him. He settled well for the 2 weeks we were there. We were staying with family so again was easier as we had everything we needed as we would at home. We went to Universal and Disney and again was brilliant as he was happy in his pushchair. I would say go for it but would maybe suggest a villa so you have home comforts.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Eloise73 View Post
Same with me. I have only had one child due to the problems I had.

I wouldn't have been able to travel 10 weeks after my natural birth as I still had medical issues so no I wouldn't. 10 week old babies are not hardwork but no one can guarantee how your partner will feel after the birth. After the physical problems, came the mental ones. Yes life shouldn't be put on hold for a baby but having a baby can change your life.

Edited at 07:52 PM.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List