Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jun 13, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Devonlou
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Copper View Post
Thanks again everyone
We fly from Glasgow on 8/9 with thomas cook to sanford.
We are staying onsite at POR with free QSDP so i know that means our spends for food will be less and we will use the $500 giftcard for 2 character meals.

Sully2 i have ordered our tickets from Attraction tickets direct as they let you pay £10 deposit per person and the rest 4 weeks before we leave which suits us as we are paying up everything. Yay to paying your flights off though thats a big step we paid ours off last month and that made it all so real :-)
Hi Copper,
You will love it! POR is our favourite resort, our once in a lifetime holiday is now trip number 4, and there is so much to see and do you'll need more than one trip!
Have you had a look at Andre's site - portorleans/
loads of excellent info and gets you in the mood for your holiday!
Since going to Florida we haven't been back to Europe as we know it wouldn't measure up, I would rather save up for two or three years if I had to for my Florida fix, than go for what I know would be a disappointing beach holiday in comparison.
Enjoy the rest of your planning, you will have a great time!
SSR August 2015 & 2017
OKW August 2019
Devonlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Your first trip will really give you that "holiday of a lifetime" experience. All the planning and work and cash now is what will help to make it really special. Don't imagine that you won't have the odd low moment when you're there, nothing is perfect 100% of the time. When you reach that point where you start to think "Why am I standing in this flamin' queue in the heat anyway?!" then it's usually time to take a break, sit down, have a drink and snack.
You'll be fine!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
watty2000
Serious Dibber

you will be fine mate. It is a big expense but I cant see me doing anything else now. Our original plan was to go every 2 years but that has been thrown out the window as we want to go as many times as we can while our wee girl still believes the magic 100%. This will be her third trip and she is only 3. These forums are both good and bad, you get great advice and you get advice that just makes you paranoid and you lose confidence in your own basic life skills. I did the alamo save time and I still got asked to upgrade, guess what I said no I have saved a fortune with good tips and advice as well and I am a massive planner before I go yet when I arrive I seem to relax and just go with the flow. If you treat it as a military operation when you get there you will lose out on some of the magic. Plan your dining and go to the park you actually want to go to not what a guide tells you to do. They are like getting tarrot cards read very hit and miss. The important thing that I feel makes the trip to disney amazing is living the visit thru the eyes of your children. I am ex army and not an overly emotion person but even I had a tear in my eye at rope drop when Mickey got off the train and blew a kiss in the direction of my DD "Daddy Mickey blew me a kiss I love Mickey" something in the eye moment lol. Have fun it is worth every single penny
2013 LBV resort and spa Lake buena vista
watty2000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sully2 View Post
I booked when you did too. Im stressing over everything. What didnt seem to much to pay at first has grown and im wondering if i have done the right thing. Im going with only my ds who is 7 so im nervous about that too. His excitement is what has stopped me cancelling. So yesterday i went and paid the flights off! Only have universal tickets to buy (clueless where to get from) and then i think im sorted. I really hope its going to be worth the cost.
Sorry OP for crashing your thread.

Sully2, try the ticket forum on the Dibb, lots of good choices/prices.
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
chriswiggy
Gone all Goofy

Our once in a lifetime holiday is now trip number 11, This trip will not be your last it will be 1st of many but next time you will be a bit wiser
We are stressed and panicking at the moment, last minute things, check out our countdown
chriswiggy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post

I did Disney as an adult before kids and cried when I saw the castle. But when we went with our DS and our friends children it was the best holiday ever. So very, very worth it. It is the most magical and amazing place make sure you take plenty of photos and although the photo pass is expensive I would try to get it as we had the most fab family photo's taken with it. Only issue is once you have been then you will want to go back again and again and again and beach holidays will seem lifeless and boring. There are so many fab things to do both inside and outside the parks, we have so many first's form our Florida holidays and planning our 2014 trip (Trip no 5 for me and 4 for ds) and there are still so many things we haven't done or seen yet.
I am odd I even enjoy all the planning and looking for places to go and things to do. You will love it just relax and go with the flow x
Old 30 Jun 13, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cove61
Earning More Ears

I find the run up all very stressful. But we went to PORFQ two years ago and everything went really well, so much so that we returning in October (so much for our once in a lifetime trip
I would say I didn't plan massively as I found my kids maybe fancyed different places, and with the quick service we ate as and when we wanted.
Once you get there you can settle and enjoy it and have some great memory's when you get home.
cove61 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Trust me you and your children will have a fantastic time, it's well worth the money, but don't forget to take loads of photos, video of your holiday
My family are still looking at photos, videos from 21 years ago.
As has been mentioned by others you will most probably go more than once as it is an experience of a lifetime.
Relax, chill out have a gin and tonic, and a great holiday, and don't forget to post your post trip report.
Old 30 Jun 13, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
beepbeep
Proud to wear my Ears

im finding the opisite

I booked last October for this November and so far ive enjoyed every last planning detail
I have mostly everything paid for just have to pay for our 5 day magic my way tickets and book the hop de doo

and ive even started to change my sterling into dollars yeepee
I even have my cabin baggage bought and all my wee gadgets
from misting fans to plug adaptors to travel pillows to money containers that hang round your neck

im so excited im starting to get depressed as there nothing left to plan

so far ive spent £3845 but I haven't noticed it as ive paid off something every month and kept ahead of my self

ive loved this experience so much id love to Disney holiday plan for others for a living
beepbeep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbelll
Apprentice Imagineer

Maybe you're finding it do stressful as I think you said you haven't told your kids yet. If it was me I would tell them then you can get excited together. I admit I told mine too early this time but I love sitting with them looking at youtube things and getting the buzz together. I tried the big reveal once and I was gutted at their response as they hadn't been before and didn't know what it really meant.
As for lists-- get all your paperwork in a wee folder and anything you haven't bought yet or you forget, you can buy out there.
The money thing is always a stress. Just bring what you can afford and as all your meals are included, when all the money is gone you will still be able to have a great time without shopping. Hope you have a great holiday and yes it is def worth it as the kids don't stop talking about it afterwards and remember the little things that you will prob forget.
tinkerbelll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread