Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jan 19, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SPN Clann
Imagineer

SPN Clann's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 26
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Virgin - Bubble / Upper Deck?

Hello all,

I have a quick question.

My sister is flying Virgin to Orlando. No one else in our family has flown with them as we're in Ireland.

So the question: is the upper seating area worth an extra £35 per person for regular economy seats?

Thanks!

Edited at 10:51 AM.
SPN Clann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
lozzylou
slightly serious Dibber

A lot of people on the dibb do love to sit in the bubble. It is quieter than the normal seats. We tried it once and the 3 of us did not like it up there. It was too small for us and we felt we would rather be downstairs as the larger cabin felt better for us. Each to their own I guess.
lozzylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
SPN Clann
Imagineer

SPN Clann's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks for your input lozzylou, I appreciate it 🙂

Are any of you claustrophobic or not keen on small spaces? Or was it something else that put you off the smaller space?

Edited at 01:48 AM. Reason: Edited to add a question.
SPN Clann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have only flown in the bubble once when it was PE only. It was certainly quiet and not at all unpleasant, but not sure I would pay extra just to sit upstairs.

Would I pay an extra £35 to sit up there in economy? No, I don’t think I would.
Old 4 Jan 19, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post
SPN Clann
Imagineer

SPN Clann's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Thanks for the reply HenrysDad. That's two votes for no so far. I expected the opposite as from what I could remember people raved about sitting in the bubble. It's good to hear different opinions.
2015 - Rosen Inn, International Drive
2016 & 2017 - Our HalloWedding & HalloWedding Anniversary, Caribbean Beach
Old 4 Jan 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m a fan of the bubble. We’ve sat in EC twice & PE once in the bubble.
I like that it’s quieter, the crew seem more chatty, love the shelf / cupboard at side & you get off quicker.
I would & have paid the £35 extra.
Old 4 Jan 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I used to enjoy sitting up there, but that was when it was free and we were a family of 3. As a 4, I'm sitting downstairs across the middle or at the back in the 2's rather than sit with neighbours.

If she's travelling on her own, then the best seat I could imagine is an end of a set of 4, where the one next to her is empty, which she could hunt down at checkin.
The pro's and cons haven't changed, just that the con column has now got a cost in it which is what I think sways people from yes to no, especially if they've already tried it. Those that have never experienced it get the novelty factor in the pro column which swings it back to a possible yes !
Old 4 Jan 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Seated in the bubble is the only time I've ever had a decent sleep on the flight back home.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We paid £28 each to sit in the bubble for our flights next year (they are now £35 as stated above). My wife and daughter have never flown upstairs before and wanted to try it out as something "different" while we still can. Once Virgin retires their 747 fleet there will be few chances to experience it left as other airlines have already/are in the process of retiring them.

I figure its about £3 each per hour to do something "a bit different". I don't know whether we will find it better or not but at least its a new experience for my wife and daughter.
Old 4 Jan 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

personally i don't see the appeal, it's very cramped up there, people talk about it like it's some great experience, its a standard seat in a smaller space, quieter yes but other than that i wouldn't bother.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List